Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits, e-mail me.


This week’s image for the Weekend Splits is courtesy of Lance: The Blog, meaning I’m giving him the courtesy of a link right there, not that he indicated that I could steal that picture. Is it bad if you laugh at a joke that someone else refers to as corny? Probably. On to the links:
  • Geekologie has a video of some idiot doing pull-ups from a crane, high above the city. It made my man bits feel all tingly watching it, but only the first 27 times, after that it got kind of boring. UPDATE: That video was taken down, try this one.
  • Running and Rambling posted some of his favorite jokes to tell on the run, except he only told the punch lines. Can you guess the jokes from the punch lines he gives? If so then come back here and tell them to me.
  • Laura at Absolut(ly) Fit takes issue with the biggest loser catching a ride for part of the marathon and still claiming to have finished it. Actually a lot of people have taken issue with this, but I first heard about it on Absolut(ly) Fit.
  • Spike had to issue an apology on his blog this week to the lady he inadvertently yelled at on his run. Yeah. Sure. Inadvertently, kind of like how I inadvertently hitched a ride for miles 17 through 20 of my marathon. What? That’s frowned upon or something?
  • Finally, EverymanTri reveals the top cities in the US to train in. Boulder, Colorado tops the list, probably because your chances of a Vanilla sighting are so high there. Did your city make the cut?

Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
This is a time lapse video of a sidewalk art creation. You can see more pictures at metanamorph.com.



Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. That pull-up video scared the crap out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So ... when I don't delete a post, nothing I say is funny, is that it Mr. Vanilla?

    Man, you are PER-VERSE.

    I, like you, thought the cartoon was funny. Shows how perverse I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the crevasse video - nice find there.

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good splits. As the only Colorado Buffalo fans in the state of Nebraska, I love Boulder! Going there this weekend, so I look forward to testing out that #1 training ranking. Or finding weed. I hear it ranks pretty high for that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that first vid was insane. Although I tiny part of me wanted the dude to fall (is that wrong? LOL) It kinda reminds me of this linky David had a while back
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaeQykTZRHw

    It's longish but craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're an American when you go into the bathroom, and an American when you come out of the bathroom, what are you while you're IN the bathroom?

    European!

    (ba-dum-bum!)

    That's all I got . . .

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.