Monday, December 20, 2010

Don’t Call It a Comeback

I need to write again and you need something to pass the time at work. I promise if you stick around I’ll try not to title too many more posts using LL Cool J lyrics. The obvious exception to that promise will be when I have an interesting breakfast story to share with you, in which case how could I not title it Milky Cereal? Such a classic!

I’ve been pondering a comeback to blogging for a while now but I wasn’t quite sure how to do it? Do I just start posting again as though nothing happened? Kinda’ hard to do that with that huge breakup letter sitting right beneath this post. Do I apologize? That doesn’t sound like me. Do I go for a big splash, making a bigger deal of it than it really is and extend the tired breaking up analogy? Bingo! Bango! Bongo! Also, I think I’d like to start using the phrase ‘bingo, bango, bongo’ more often, kind of like a signature phrase. I have no idea what it means, but I’ll be damned if it doesn’t sound cool. If someone could tell me what it means that would be great and it would be even greater if it doesn’t have some hidden sexual meaning so I don’t sound like a complete tool when I say it. I checked Urban Dictionary and it says it means intercourse but I don’t believe that for a second. I bet you could pick any random phrase that you might hear in the break room and Urban Dictionary would say that it was some deviant sexual practice. For instance, “I need someone to give me a teabag?” *looks up teabag* Oh Ian, you blowhard!

What I’m trying to say here is that I want you back. I saw how you moved on to other blogs so quickly after we broke up and I’m not going to pretend that it didn’t hurt. The ink wasn’t even dry on my Closure post and already you were off gallivanting around with other blogs. You didn’t even take a day to mourn. Why do you treat me this way? Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me cry?
Do you really want to hurt me?
Do you really want to make me cryyyyyyy?

/Culture Club’d! Ha! Now we’re even.

Anyway, there’s a lot of stuff to get to. I actually had a PR since the last time I posted! That almost brought me back out of blogging retirement right there, but there’s plenty of time to tell that story and then refer to it again and again and again until you start wishing that I’d just go away again. Welcome back!

26 comments:

  1. I think we need a pic of you on your knees pleading for our love to really seal the deal. Either way welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew there was a reason I didn't delete you from my Google Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the other hand, I didn't delete you fast enough. Just when I thought I was out ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care what you call it, as long as you start writing again. And I agree about urban dictionary... I'm afraid to say anything, because I know it has some hidden sexual meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! My version of a comeback was just to start posting, so I applaud you for not taking the easy way out (like I did).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Were your genitals burning or something? (Your ears burn when someone TALKS about you. It is your genitals that burn when someone TYPES about you, right? If not, I need to make a doctor's appointment.)

    I actually have a draft saved in which I mentioned your name followed by a big SNIFF, SNIFF I miss him. :(

    You came back just for me, didn't you?

    I knew you would.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Pam, I came back for you, you and your burning genitals, but mostly just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait, you were gone?

    I decided to pull a George Constanza on you, and when you broke up, I just said "no" and kept it at that. You didn't even know you were coming back all along. But I was way ahead of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOooo hooo! Back in action :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was too lazy to figure out how to delete you from my reader. I've never actually had a blog break up with me before.

    See, it pays to be lazy.

    Welcome back. I hope you're not just stringing us along though. That would just be painful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, "comeback" actually has a lot of hidden sexual meaning. Oh wait ... that's not really hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bingo, Bango, Bongo comes from an old song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MTGDncw5fo&feature=related

    It means you don't want to leave the Congo! Clearly. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome Back! Finally I can be too busy to read your blog again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Morgan - I'm sure there's a picture somewhere on the internet with Ian on his knees. Somewhere.

    Help me out, are you that podcast guy?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back! The blog world has been stale without you..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a newbie in the blogging world but what the hell... how could you leave us? Why damn you... I'm disgusted that we haven't been offered an appology, disgusted.

    PS looking forward to the ramblings such that the are (have glossed over some of your best bits). I was especially drawn to your blog as you seem to be the arch nemis of nitmos which is amusing

    ReplyDelete
  17. A little groveling would add to the merriment of the season :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. No blog is quite like yours! I'm glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I for one will not be won back that easily. You will have to work a bit harder to gain my affections again. I only kept you on my blogroll because we share some of the same friends. So get busy proving your love to me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never left you. There you were, sitting in my Google Reader just waiting for the imminent return. And now you're here. Don't screw it up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Scot- puke. :) There are several words we don't mention around here... That's one of them. The slow running word that starts with J is the other.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Still using douche-baggy comment moderation, eh?

    NOW I believe it's really you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Are you kidding? You had me at "I need to write again". Nice to see you back blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.