Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Plus ça Change

The days gave way to weeks, weeks drew out into months, the months became years but even the years were not as long as this analogy. It’s been a while since my last post. It will be two years on October 2nd and that post was pointing you to a new parenting blog collaboration that I abandoned faster than a carefully constructed race plan.

I don’t expect that anyone still checks this space for updates and I’m guessing that my RSS readership died with Google Reader. I’m OK with that. I’m not really expecting that anyone will read this, let alone comment. I’m actually not really sure why I’m writing this at all except that I felt drawn back to this space. I don’t know if this is a lone post out of the blue or if it is the beginning of me writing again, though I suspect it’s closer to the former than the latter. I’ve given up on this blog and returned to it more often than an addict that can’t escape the allure of the high and yet can’t quite achieve the discipline to quit.

Not much has changed since my last post; I’m still running, I’m still just as slow as you remember. I’m still happily married to Candis, and I still have two kids that have managed to grow up more than it feels like they should have in the past two years. I’m still on the good side of 40 but the countdown has switched to months, not years. I even still get offered free shoes every now and then.

Plus c'est la même chose.

7 comments:

  1. Even though Google Reader abandoned it's users I'm still listening via Feedly. Welcome back and hope you stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have you on my Feedly and am VERY excited to see you post! Hope to hear more from you soon, and I'm really optimistic that you tagged this with "I'll be back" :)

    PS - I moved to Colorado (Broomfield) so we're neighbors now! Hoping to do the Bolder Boulder next spring after reading about your adventures running it for so many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Broomfield? I'm in Thornton, we're practically neighbors.

      Delete
  3. I don't think I ever commented when you used to post, but I loved your blogging and I got really excited when you popped up in my Feedly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.