Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Kingdom for an Elevation Map

I was looking around for an elevation map for the Bolder Boulder Memorial Day 10K race and it is pretty much impossible to find one. In fact, I'd wager good money that I'll discover the Loch Ness monster before you can find a Bolder Boulder elevation map. Now, I’m not particularly looking for the Loch Ness monster but I still think there’s a better chance that he’ll swim all the way to landlocked Colorado and bite me in the butt before you can find an elevation map.

The elevation map that you see pictured above is one that I created using Gmaps Pedometer. I guess that you could say that I have provided a truly unique service to all of my reader. (Nonpluralization intentional). I guess it could really be worth some money. In fact if I was ESPN this would be part of the ‘Insider’ section, and you'd have to pay to view it, except that this might really be useful information.

UPDATE: As I was posting this I received a response back from the kindly folks at the Bolder Boulder with this attached elevation map, which is not published in any of their printed material and is not found anywhere on their website. Which begs the question: Why is the elevation map under such lock and key? Does it have the Colonel’s secret recipe coded onto it? The identity of the second gunman on the grassy knoll? The truth about the Roswell landings? The world may never know, but if I should be “accidentally” killed when my brakes “fail” in the coming weeks I can tell you who your prime suspect should be.

2 comments:

  1. wow, they hit you up with a pretty hard hill for the entire first half of the race! I have experience with similar hills, and before I read this I mentioned one in my blog. Imagine!
    But I think if I were going to go watch it I would find myself a point on the hill right before the top. I would be nice and give encouragement to the runners, but inside I would be thinking to myself, "I'm glad I'm not running up this hill"

    Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your 10K. I'll be doing my first (and potentially last since there's a good chance that my kneecaps will skip across the race course like a smooth rock over a pond) marathon on June 3.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.