Monday, April 16, 2007

Boston Marathon is Today, Demanding

So this wouldn’t be much of a running blog if I didn’t mention that today is the 111th running of the Boston Marathon. As if the Boston Marathon wasn’t difficult enough weather reports from Boston today indicate that the runners began the race in the pouring rain and wind gusts of up to 50mph. Despite this the current leaders are averaging 5 minute miles. I once went 26.2 miles at a 5 minute/mile pace, but I was in my car at the tail end of rush hour.

Here at Half-Fast I’d like to give a big shout out (or mad props, or whatever makes me sound hip and cool) to all the runners who will finish the race today. Congratulations, you are far more dedicated and in far better shape than I am. I have a great deal of respect for all the runners. When they get done today, they will rush home, physically exhausted and wear themselves out intellectually trying to finish their taxes before tonight’s deadline (tomorrow for MA residents) and then they will probably hibernate for the rest of the summer.

For more on today's Boston Marathon including results and pictures please visit www.bostonmarathon.org or boston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.