Friday, July 6, 2007

Weekend Splits – One Day Early

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.

I've been off work this week, which means that I've been doing more exciting fun things in real life and have spent less time sitting bored in my office to post to my blog or find interesting links for the Weekend Splits. To make it up to you, you're getting the Weekend Splits a day early.

This guy's really fast.

At last someone finds a good use for these signs that tell you how fast you're travelling. Let's face it unless the speedometer in your car is not working those are just there for a second opinion and when you ask for a second opinion it usually costs you more money and isn't any better than the first opinion. Your tax dollars at work folks.

If you're looking for some humorous reading about running you should check out the list of articles that the Running Blogfather compiled from The Onion. My favorite is 6000 Runners Fail to Discover Cure for Breast Cancer.



Finally, Half-Fast has been rated PG. Some material may not be suitable interesting for children. To be honest I'm a little disappointed. I thought I was a little cooler than that, I mean, even Wild Hogs got a PG-13 rating and I thought that it was pretty tame. The rating was based on the appearance of the word 'dead' twice and the appearance of the word 'knife' once. I can't for the life of me remember using those words. Enjoy the weekend!

3 comments:

  1. mine got a PG rating too ... I am going to start swearing to get an AA

    ReplyDelete
  2. G-rated here... consider yourself lucky you fowl-mouthed man! I need to start dropping more colorful language I think.

    I still love your blog... even if it i tame. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm a PG too. Apparently is missed my regular, and repeated used of the word ass. I was shooting for PG-13, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.