Saturday, January 12, 2008

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.

Cold Weather Running Gear?

I’m going to start off the Weekend Splits by pimping an article that I “found” over at CRN. It was a delightful piece about running superstitions written by some handsome devil that goes by the name of Ian. Yes, I realize that I linked to it earlier this week and yes, I realize that I’ve been doing a lot of shameless self-promotion lately but hey, pimpin’ aint easy.

Thanks to Jess at 21 Days for linking to a post at AL-KO-HALL called 7 Minute Muscle. What a great idea! Unfortunately for me I don’t have 7 free minutes a day that I could spend on this program otherwise I’d give it a try for sure.

J-Money went treadmilling at the gym and while that doesn’t sound like it would make for an exciting post I can assure you it is, mostly because she left her brand new puppy alone with her furniture. Be careful if you head on over to her blog, there is seriously dog pee everywhere over there. It’s kinda gross. And if you like those type of stories be sure to check out her new blog (Things I Tell My Dog).

Frayed Laces has an interesting post exposing the seedy dark underworld of running shoe sales. She is doing some fine investigative work over there and keeping the rest of us safe from evil companies like Brooks. OK that might not be fair to Brooks, but since when have I been interested in fairness?

The Joggler has a post about how running alone won’t help you lose weight. You mean I have to run with someone to lose weight? Oh. No, I see. You mean that just running won’t help you lose weight - you need to watch your food intake too. What a crock! I took up running so that I wouldn’t have to do that.

Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
This week’s video is a clip from Whose Line Is It Anyway guest starring your favorite fitness guru Richard Simmons. If you’ve never seen the show it’s an improv show and in this particular clip two of the comedians have to use two people (one of whom is Richard Simmons) as the props in the scene they are acting out.


Have a great weekend everyone! Happy running!
Be sure to come back on Monday morning because I have a BIG announcement. I’m such a tease.

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy the weekend splits feature, but wow! Somebody gave that audience way too much laughing gas before the skit. I mean it was funny, but I thought they were going to have little petite mal seizures there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you pregnant?

    Man, I hate waiting around for announcements, but I suppose I can be patient.

    Love the gloves on that guy. They look like they could double for boxing gloves, which is often handy.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.