Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.


Image found stolen at SJ Tony’s blog.

I didn’t get the splits post up last weekend because I was nestled away at my in-law’s mountain log cabin. It’s a quaint little place up near Grand Lake, CO and if it weren’t for two snow-crazed children and me going into withdrawals from the lack of internet access I’m sure it would have been quite romantic. Anyway this week’s Splits post will contain some links from this past week, and one or two from the previous week.

Kelly over at Fitness Fixation posted about the differences between men and women and how we need vastly different workouts and diets. Except not. Head on over there and check it out and maybe ask her why her blog isn’t pink, you know, since she’s a woman. I dare ya’.

Christine admitted that she has an addiction, and that’s the first step, admitting that you have a problem. Unfortunately, as I mentioned in this post earlier in the week it’s too late for Christine since she already has a running blog. Oh, and when you go over there try not to get too excited about the more recent post titled “I Got Double D’s” it was a good post and all, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t immensely disappointed.

lifestudent had a post that featured a quote from The Onion. I’m a sucker for the Onion, the satirical paper not the nasty vegetable, those things are disgusting. The only way to acceptably prepare an onion for consumption is to make it into a Funyun. Mmmmm delicious, they’re probably not even made with real onions, which is a major plus point for them in my book.

Doug is helping smokers quit one dropped cigarette at a time and I don’t even think the guy thanked him.

Pat posted a link on his blog to Scott Dunlap’s compilation of great race finish videos.

Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
I’m going to warn you right now that you should mute your speakers before you watch this video. The guys are speaking some foreign language that sounds Eastern European, but right around the 14 second mark the camera operator tries his hand at English and shouts “Mother-f***er!” Probably something he learned watching a movie, that and his actions in the video just confirm my suspicions that we’re exporting stupidity to Eastern Europe now.

I'm having some difficulties getting the video to embed the way I want it to, so until I get it fixed here’s a link.

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Now I want to quit running, move to Europe, and start throwing logs around. Too bad I'm already horribly addicted to running, gonna have to wait!

    Thanks for the link, you know how we bloggers love the links! If we teamed up, maybe we could make an impact on smokers. That, or we'd just make cigarette companies richer since everybody has to buy even more smokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You snuck into my bedroom and took that picture of me. You bastard. That is so me laying there with swollen joints, feeling 80, saying, "tomorrow, I'll run."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are recovering quickly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I have to steal that pic from your blog. (since you stole it too, I don't feel so bad). :)

    Happy Running

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.