Friday, January 29, 2010

Hey, I Know Her

As many of you have probably heard by now the renowned Kristina Pinto who blogs over at Marathon Mama had an article featured in Runner’s World magazine. It’s available at newsstands everywhere so go and check it out. It’s on page 48 and it’s a great read, not that you would expect anything less if you follow Kristina’s blog.

It’s kind of cool opening up Runner’s World and seeing an article written by someone you know, and I use the word ‘know’ in the internet/social media/talked once on the phone for a podcast sense of the word not in the biblical sense. Probably not quite as cool as opening up RW and seeing an article written by someone that is yourself, but until RW starts focusing on juvenile humor, sarcasm and lazy writing it will have to do. (Incidentally, I think RW could use a little juvenile humor and sarcasm; it would be a nice change of pace from all the ‘10 weeks to your fastest 10k’ articles that they love.)

That’s all I got for today. Have a great weekend everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Oh hell....if they switch to juvenile humor and sarcasm, you're IN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mad props to you giving mad props to someone else ... I guess. Have a good weekend. Cheers!

    P.S., are you having problems at home-slash-work? Your blog is clearly suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I can't wait to get my RW. Should be coming in the mail soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now I'm crying. It's either b/c you're so nice or that giant margarita! I had tonight to celebrate the article. Either way, thank you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarcasm and childish humor would do RW a "world" of good :)

    Hi - remember me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dilemma of the day: Should I mention that I've posted a picture of you over at Cranky Fitness or should I remain tactfully silent? It's a hard decision to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, probably right, it can get a little serious at times.

    Jago
    www.howtostartrunning.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. If they hired you as an edit, i might actually start working my way through that stack of unread magazines on my dressing table.

    Also, hi... I came back to blogworld too :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.