Friday, November 23, 2007

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.



Sorry for the risqué picture at the top of this post, in the future I’ll try to warn you beforehand when a post is going to contain sexy tanlines.

Instead of working today I’m taking the day off to recover from my turkey induced stupor. It feels like a Saturday and I don’t feel like posting anything so you’re getting the Weekend Splits one day early. It’s a lazy 4 day weekend at the Half-Fast house so just be glad that you’re getting anything.

Topher, whose blog always makes me crave Dunkin’ Donuts, provides his race report from the first annual Trypto Trot 4 Miler. He was the winner, race director, official timer, and sole participant.

J-Money ran a more official race and then rewarded herself with breakfast at IHOP. At least I assume it was an official race as she had a picture of herself with a trophy, but it wouldn’t be totally out of character to discover that she did that on her own.

Thanks to Mary from Sheesh for sending me a link to the second best study ever. You may remember a couple of weeks ago in the Weekend Splits I linked to a post at Cranky Fitness that “proved” that beer is the post race beverage of choice, and I commented that someone needed to prove that bacon was good for you. Ask and ye shall receive. Half-Fast - endorsing post race beer and bacon since 2007.

Frayed Laces, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite blogs to read, is taking the Art of “Chicking” to new levels. Beer? Duct tape? Frayed Laces, you had me at Football.

Pieces Of Me recently took the time to write a letter to running. I think it was like one of those things that your therapist makes you do just to help you think through your feelings. I don’t like feelings or therapists but the letter is pretty entertaining.

Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
As is often the case with videos that I post here credit for this one goes to With Leather. Also as is often the case this one has been around the internets quite a bit so you may have already seen it. At any rate this video displays the multi-tasking abilities of our Japanese friends who can workout at the same time as learning English. The phrases they learn just get more and more bizarre as the video continues. “Spare me my life?” Where are they vacationing? Baltimore? Compton?


Have a great weekend everyone. I hope that you all had as good a Thanksgiving as I did. See ya’ on Monday slackers.

6 comments:

  1. Nice bird. Nice bird tan. Nice shout out to your hommie Topher downwind in Kansas still hoping you decided to go buy a second running shirt on this Black Friday so we don't have to smell it everytime you go out for a run.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, if the turkey was correctly doing the moves for "spare me my life" instead of "let's go dutch" it would still have its head and its clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a resident of Baltimore, I can say that even if they did vacation here and use their aerobic-Japenglish they would almost certainly be robbed. But they'd be in good enough shape to run to a BPD officer, who'd more than likely not care.

    Everyday is like The Wire here...only with twice as many curse words.


    -PMW
    baltimorerunningproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was SO an official race Vanilla! I got a t-shirt featuring a screen print of a turkey wearing shorts... if that doesn't make it for real, I don't know what does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, so I see the whole cab ride resulting in being robbed by two men... however... at what point did they end up in an office being yelled at by their boss, or on a date with a potentially cheap man?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no. Did my therapist call you? I guess that whole confidentiality stuff is just B.S.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.