Tuesday, May 15, 2007

We gots da' Shizzle!

For those of you that aren't hip enough to understand the title of this post I'm trying to tell you that we got the shirt in the mail yesterday. If you don't know what shirt I'm talking about then you haven't been reading this blog regularly and you're surely not going to start after seeing the awful title at the top of this post.

Every now and then I like to pretend that I'm 'down' with the younger crowd, but I'm a 31 year old white guy who just tried to drop the word 'shizzle' in his blog. If that doesn’t scream geek then I don’t know what does. In fact, if I tried any harder I'd be an ESPN TV personality, so please don't encourage this behavior by leaving me any comments.

On a running note (imagine that on a running blog), I'm beginning to taper my running in preparation for the Bolder Boulder and probably won't get in any more long runs. Two weeks might be a little far out to taper for a 10K but I've struggled on my long runs lately and have had some minor knee pain that I'm leery of.

Here's my running schedule for the next two weeks:
Today: 8 total miles including 6 tempo miles.
Thu 5/17: 5 miles easy
Sat 5/19: 3 miles easy (may bump this up to 4 or 5)

Mon 5/21: 5 total miles including 3 tempo miles
Wed 5/23: 3 miles easy
Thu 5/24: 3 miles easy

UPDATE: Here's a picture of my better half modeling the shirt (click to enlarge)

2 comments:

  1. love the shirt.
    and that'd be your better quarter, as it's half of your better half, you know. now who is the geek?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shirt turned out nice. fo shizzle. I'm a little closer to being able to get away with it a I'm still in my 20's, but still white as a polar bear.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.