Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pre-Race Checklist

I have always been amused by all the things that I have to do before a race and have often felt that I have a bigger checklist than NASA has before a launch. Stopwatch? Check. Sunglasses? Check. Sun Block? Check. I check everything, and then I check it again like I’m OCD. I feel like Jack Nicholson's character in 'As Good As It Gets'. For some time now I've been meaning to put together some kind of checklist for this blog that will give you a good look at the crazy that is my pre-race checklist and while I haven't really managed to organize those thoughts into a list I did find a pre-race check list that someone took the time to put together already.

You’re just going to have to trust me that I already had this idea a while ago because Australian running blogger MorseyRuns already put together a humorous pre-race checklist right here, and beat me to it. [Begin fake Aussie accent] “I throw another shrimp on the barbie and raise a glass of Castlemaine XXXX in your honor.” [/accent] You can (and should) check out her blog.

In the future you can expect that at some point I will post something similar to this only it will probably be a giant let down now that you’re expecting it and I’ve already exposed you to MorseyRuns’ humorous recounting of it. Awww crap!

I hereby, renounce all originality points for this idea.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure that every runner will have a similar list- with varying accessories and varying numbers of trips to the toilet. Can't wait to see yours! You should have kept quiet and everyone would have thought it was your idea- I probably ripped it off someone else anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.