Thursday, May 10, 2007

My Co-worker has Shin Splints!

I just moved into a new office and the guy that works next to me was telling me that he has shin splints. Awesome! This is perhaps some of the best news that I've had in a long time. Is he a nice guy? No. He's a great guy, model citizen, hard worker, loyal friend, and what's more he's training for a half-marathon that's coming up in 4 weeks.

As you may or may not know I myself am training for a 10K race that's coming up in less than 3 weeks, and I'm always concerned about getting injured right before a race. It's that time when you are peaking in your training and there's always that worry in the back of your head that you will suffer from an over-use injury and miss the race. Either that or you will enter the race knowing that your likelihood of walking is so high you might as well be dug in against the Yankees middle relief. But now, I don't have to worry about injury. Why you ask? Do you have any idea what the odds are of two people who work in adjacent offices both getting shin splints? They're 1 in 340,774. (This may or may not be true). It's kind of like how TSA always advises you to carry a bomb with you on the airplane (also, may or may not be true). Because again, the odds of two unconnected people both carrying bombs onto the same plane are insanely high. So if you take a bomb onto a plane and don't detonate it you're bound to have a safe flight (Definitely, not true).

So rejoice with me all you readers, rejoice at the misfortune and pain of others that all but ensures an injury free upcoming 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.