Saturday, June 14, 2008

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.

It’s not often that I feel the need to warn you when something disgusting is about to get posted, I usually just go ahead and post it and then chuckle to myself as I imagine all your reactions. However this warrants a warning. The image below is cropped for your viewing pleasure, clicking on it will show you the gory details. Take a look at the runner’s face, then look at the faces of everyone in the crowd behind him and see if you can’t figure out what he’s doing. I’d give you two guesses to figure out who sent this to me but chances are you’d only need one. THANKS MARCY!!! :p (Emoticon included just for you, LOL.)

  • I usually have a post at CRN on the 2nd and 5th Tuesdays of every month which means that you’ll almost always get a Weekend Splits post on the Saturday after the 2nd and 5th Tuesday so that I can pimp my article. This past week it was Under Armour entering the running shoe market that I driveled on about.
  • Jamoosh thinks that Garmin should put the same technology they use in cars on watches and make the Garmin talk. He’s got some great suggestions for its personality.
  • Tall Girl Running got to meet a real live beauty queen at the gym. When will you people learn that when you tell this kind of story (the kind that potentially involves hot women) you need to have pictures to go along with your post. This is why camera phones were invented.
  • Do you know how fast you have to be running to get covered in bugs like the front end of a cross country Peterbilt? Jess does, and she’s got the pictures to prove it.

Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
The following video is comedian Jim Gaffigan talking about Bacon. Mmmmm bacon.



Have a great weekend and happy Father’s Day to all the Dads, especially my own. I hope that my kids get me some bacon for Father’s Day!

9 comments:

  1. Okay, I just feel really bad for the guy. Hopefully, it was worth it, and he got a PR out of it.

    Jim Gaffigan's Hot Pockets are the bomb too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note to self: next time Vanilla warns that something is disgusting, Listen To Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel honored to have been featured in your Weekend Splits, Vanilla. Of course, it was preceded by possibly the most disturbing running image I've ever seen, but hey!... a nod's a nod.

    In my defense, I never carry my cell phone into the gym with me. I'm not adept at using the camera feature and I'm sure if I tried, I'd just end up capturing the short guy with the man boobs hovering around the beauty queen instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

    Thanks for the shout out homie, I think . . . I'll probably get eye Dr bills from random peeps now :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so disgusting! I had to send it to all my running friends, without a warning ... he he

    ReplyDelete
  6. THat was pretttttttttttyyyy gross.
    Hope he was going for the world record or something...
    and that there was a hose at the end for him to clean off.
    and that the race was of the half-marathon or marathon distance because if not, he could've just held it. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe his chocolate flavored Gu packet just exploded due to his thigh pressure. No? Just sayin lets not judge. There could be a perfectly reasonable explanation here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. That is just so sad/scary/gross.
    One of those visions that will take way to long to get out of my head. ick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my freaking gosh! I'm afraid this might scare me out of ever entering an actual race for fear of duplicating that poor guy's "accident". Yuck!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.