Sunday, February 8, 2009

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits, e-mail me.


  • Non-Runner Nancy was recently diagnosed as being freakishly flexible which sounds like a good thing, but all it really means is that she can’t run any more, which sucks more than a Keanu Reeves movie. In Nancy’s honor US Jogger is hosting a virtual 5K race on February 14th because what better way to rub Nancy’s face in the fact that she can’t run anymore than to hold an event where we all go out and run? I kid, I kid. Nancy is the Queen of virtual races and I wish her the best. Head on over to JogAmericaBlog to join the Freakishly Flexible 5K and then go to Nancy’s blog to show your support and leave a mildly inappropriate comment about how she’s freakishly flexible.
  • Glaven made me laugh this week, which for now, is the only time that I’m admitting to laughing at something that Glaven said, in his Jes For Fun post. NOTE: That link isn’t working right now, in fact Glaven’s blog is just totally gone which makes me fearful that something is happening to all the good bloggers out there, I mean first Nitmos disappears and now Glaven? Or maybe joyRuN finally took him down for good. Who knows?
  • Meanwhile, Jes ran over London Bridge, the one in Arizona and posted some cool pictures.

Comment of the Week
Honors this week go to Ed Hammerbeck on my How to Annoy Other Runners post. Was it because he called me sir? Yes, yes it was.

I'm a swerver, but only because I run drunk. My hydration belt has four bottles in it.
Bottle #1) Gewürztraminer (warm up)
Bottle #2) Manhattan (replenishing my brown liquor stores)
Bottle #3) Mai Tai (stimulating the rum gland)
Bottle #4) Mimosa (cool down)
That, sir, is how I roll.

Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
This week’s video was featured on EverymanTri several months ago, and would have made an appearance here on the Weekend Splits sooner if I had been writing them. It’s a compilation of people getting lucky (but not in the sexual sense, you pervert). I’m not featured on the video because I make my own luck, I use a unique blend of hard work, belittling others and chloroform. It works every time.


Enjoy the weekend everyone. Run hard.

10 comments:

  1. Uh oh. Where IS Glaven? I linked to him for the first time ever, and now he is among the missing. I feel somehow responsible.

    Fear me, you other bloggers, lest I link to YOU, too!

    Cool video, Vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Gavin. Even that awesome video couldn't make me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're next...

    I'm clearing out all the good blogs to make room for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the god links my good man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JoyRuN owns the internet. Stay on her good side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WTH? JoyRun, quit it already. Bring Glaven back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Glaven got cought blogging at wor...

    ReplyDelete
  8. umm... that would be "caught".

    Damn it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A girl I trained in Tae Kwon Do, in college, was incredibly flexible naturally in every joint, so when she got injured it doubled the damage.She had to give it up

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, OK - the "Jes For Fun" link is back up! You have no idea what I had to go through to recreate that post from the DNA scrapings I got from the google reader entry.

    But I did it!

    Now I know how God must feel ... when He posts to His blog.

    (I don't actually read God's blog because, geez!, talk about long-winded!)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.