Friday, February 27, 2009

Video Friday

I don’t feel like writing a post today so I’m just going to post videos that I’ve seen on some of your blogs over the past week. It’s a little bit like plagiarism or stealing but I don’t like those terms so let’s just say that I’m giving some shout outs today. The first video comes from Flatmans Blog and features Lance Armstrong in a SNL skit about the Ironman. Unlike many SNL skits, this one is actually kind of funny.


Say what you will about Lance, but he’s a pretty funny guy.

The next video is from With Leather, a site that I’ve stolen many videos from over the years. This video was shot at the NFL Scouting Combine and features host Rich Eisen running the 40 yard dash. The best part of the clip is after the half way point when they simulcast Rich’s 40 with some of the other prospects that ran it. I don’t know what my 40 time would be, but I’m pretty sure I’m faster than Rich.



Finally, I’ll leave you with a video from Topher at I’ll Run for Donuts. The irony level in this video is off the charts. Comparing a McDonalds quarter pound cheeseburger to running a marathon is almost as ironic as a running blog with an obsession for donuts, although to be fair, I think the blog is now named I’ll Run From Donuts.



You know, now that I think of it, the way that a quarter pounder would run a marathon is pretty much exactly how I ran a marathon, aside from the short shorts. That’s all I’ve got today. Have a great weekend everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Dude! These videos have a disclaimer that they can only be streamed within the United States! What's up with that!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Eisen video has been bugging me. I'm on a quest to find out how they did that. I'm a geek, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vava: I have no idea. I'm in the US so I didn't get the disclaimer.

    Raz: I have no idea. I'm just a wealth of answers today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're much funnier when you use other people's material. Kind of like Ben Stiller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want Dion Sanders and Michael Irvin to follow me around and comment on my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As the Intellectual Property Lawyer for McDonalds, I'm leaving this comment to let you know that you have exactly TWO (2)days to get BIGGER irony charts or McDonalds intends to file suit against you for Defamation of Rhetorical Trope, because, ironically, McDonalds owns the rights to Irony.

    And no sarcastic rejoinders because Sarcasm is ours too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the new marathon training plan, I'm going to give it a try. No training, and show up in tiny little shorts, its perfect for me...;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, McDonalds? Seriously?? Now I'm going to have to eat before I run tonight. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.