Friday, November 6, 2009

Reebok Talking Breasts Ad FTW!

You’ve no doubt already seen the first Reebok ad for EasyTone shoes where the cameraman can’t help but focus on the sexy model’s legs and butt which she so obviously got from wearing Reebok EasyTone shoes and nothing else. I saw that ad last weekend and I was ready to give Reebok my full endorsement, but then just when I thought that Reebok couldn’t get any awesomer they went and came out with the following ad featuring talking breasts. It’s like they’re in my head. Seriously, I’m always thinking breasts are talking to me.



Come now, when someone is speaking to you it’s rude not to look at them. But perhaps you find yourself thinking ‘the original commercial was pretty good but those shorts covered way too much of the model’s butt for me to determine how well those Reebok EasyTone shoes are working.’ Well fear not tushie aficionados, they also have the ad below which is just what you’ve been looking for, although it does get a little repetitive after the first thirty times through it.



By running ads that focus on the legs, breasts and the derriere Reebok has pretty much achieved the illusive Triple Crown of chauvinism in the objectification of women sweepstakes. Well played Reebok. So who are these ads designed to reach? While the frat boys in the Reebok marketing department are probably high fiving themselves over these ads, the shoes are clearly designed for women but what possible effect could those ads have on women other than to create a feeling of inadequacy? Is that really the route Reebok wants to go? Whoa. Sorry, I’m getting a little too deep and thoughtful for a Friday video post. (It’s just the medicine talking.) Heck, I’m getting a little too deep and thoughtful for a Half-Fast post period. Perhaps I’ll just go back to quiet admiration. Yes, that’s exactly what I’ll do.

[Via Warming Glow]

20 comments:

  1. Good god, Reebok takes blatant offensiveness to a new level. I guess when your products suck ass you have nothing to go on but gratuitous T&A video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa whoa whoa....a disclaimer at the beginning before I open this up on the projector in class.

    The students got a little uncomfortable, especially when I made them analyze the production quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reebok isn't so bad afterall...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand. This is an ad for shoes. What does it have to do with other body parts? What does it have to do with the butt and breast's.... Oh I get it. What shoes? Reebok good. All other shoes...bad. Yes, must go click on replay and buy Reeboks.
    Thankyou oh lord Vanilla. My rock has been turned over and I see the light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that second commercial. I thought it was super classy and tasteful especially the way it was shot in black and white; a true artists vision!!!

    In all seriousness though, I think these ads are going to make those shoes fly off the shelves... Tell the average woman that she's going to get a super-model butt just by walking around in some Rebooks and I'm sure that someone is going to bite... I mean people will do anything to try and attain a perfect figure as long as it doesn't involve any hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if want any Reeboks, but I do have a strange urge for a cigarette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is your best post so far. It will be pretty hard to top it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I agree, I'd keep it quiet if I were you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry, I'm spoofing this video FOR SURE. Hopefully I can do it this weekend ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to say that those ads were a bit over the top, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My boobs look pretty good in that first video. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So have I got this right? Reebok are now trying to market shoes that are more difficult to run in?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankfully, I already have a great butt.

    Oh, those are for women...

    Never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, I thought I was watching a Victoria's Secret commercial...I mean, were there even shoes in there?

    ReplyDelete
  15. The only good from this was that my 10 year old daughter was sitting next to me when the b/w version came on and even she was disgusted - yep, a 10 year old knew that is offensive and had nothing to do with shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They're really testing this "sex sells" theory. I believe it makes an interesting social study. With such a high-minded pursuit, it behooves you continue posting further videos on this matter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL @ SRod.

    You're right though. The 35th or so time this does get really old.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.