Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blegh!

Last week my 6 year old brought home something special from school, I believe the technical term for it is H1N1. Not officially confirmed (though there have been confirmed H1N1 cases at his school) but at the very least we all have some flu-ey type of virus thing. It sucks.

Combine that with the week (OK, fine two weeks) that I took off from running after the Denver Half Marathon and it’s been almost three weeks since I’ve run. On the bright side I can’t wait to get back to it. That’s about all I feel like typing today so enjoy this video of NYC Marathon winner Meb Keflezighi reading the Top 10 on Letterman. I stole it from Mike at Running Is Funny. (Shhhhh. Don’t tell.)


I think my favorites are #4 and #5.

13 comments:

  1. hey hey... letterman even got Meb's name right (approximately)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I like him. Even if he is totally pocket-sized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're proud of yourself by merely writing a short blurb about your problems and then throwing up a video. I expect more from Half Fast....or should I say Half ASSED?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you and the fam feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, that Mike dude over at Running Is Funny is clueless, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I guess that makes me feel better about standing in line for an hour and a half to get my little guy a swine flu shot this morning.
    Come check out my blog for a fantastic giveaway...could give you something to do when you're busy not running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dave: What were you doing at mile 26.

    Meb: I was celebrating

    Dave: Do you know how long it took you to run mile 26?

    Meb: Um...4:45 or so.

    Classic. Like I haven't just passed the half mile marker at 4:45 or so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe how little he looks next to Dave. Compared to some of the other runners, he looked beefy! He looks like a great guy and I'm so happy an American won. Hope you recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool video, I've heard about it but didn't get a chance to see it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Video! Thank you for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the video! CRAMP! Hahaha! Oh, how many times I thought that during Chicago! Hope you and your family get to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lets be honest, Mike stole it from CBS--that's pretty hard to hide. You're crediting the wrong source.

    ReplyDelete
  13. From him who has stolen will be stolen (or something like that). I liked the clip and posted it on my blog, dedicated to my Richmond Running group who did the Richmond Marathon/Half Marathon yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.