Friday, June 22, 2007

Put Your Shirt Back On!

I have this idea in my head that all my readers are young attractive women who swoon at my sagacious prose and wish they could find a man like me, in which case this post is falling on deaf ears. Or blind eyes, or something that makes sense. (See that. Sagacious prose right there). If, on the other hand you're an old, overweight, hairy guy who enjoys running with his shirt off and reading this blog then this advice is for you. Put your shirt back on! Nobody wants to see that. I think it's great that you're aware of the fact that you need to lose a few pounds and you're doing something about it. I agree that you'll look better with a nice tan AFTER you lose the weight, but please lose the weight first. It's not like people will notice that you've got a nice tan and ignore all the extra weight and hair.

On a side note I'd like to offer a big thank you to the old, hairy, runner who was ahead of me on the trail last night during my run. It was because I no longer cared for the view that I sped up and turned in a better run than I normally would have. Ironically, I had recently been laughing at KdoubleA and his misfortune dealing with this exact scenario, so maybe it was karma that I would also have to suffer through it. Sure hope not, because I was laughing pretty hard at those idiots on their treadmills too, but I’ll let you know next time I step on mine.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Vanilla

    Ross here, from the Science of Sport blog, you just dropped us a post. Thanks for your kind words and interest. I am just looking through your blog - what a great read, very entertaining!! Different from ours, but man, it's good stuff!

    Good luck with your running, visit again!

    Regards
    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're totally wrong! While I'd never run without my shirt on (I'm female) I do admire those who don't care what they look like. They're trying to be fit and healthy, and they won't let anyone's ridicule stand in their way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with lei - however... man that is pretty funny. ;)

    I lvoe this blog! You are so on my blog-roll!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.