Monday, August 25, 2008

Half-Fast Sighting

Huge thanks to the award-winning Sarah who sent me the picture below. (Seriously, she just won an award, first overall female or something.) I’ll let Sarah introduce the picture:
Last Sunday I attended-- no, made the pilgrimage to-- the NASCAR race at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn, Michigan, which is about 20 miles away from my home. While at the race, on the infield (our customary spot), my husband and I spent some time walking around. I took a lot of pictures as I am eternally fascinated by the species Homo sapiens redneckius. The MIS infield provides ample viewing opportunity of these specimens. I spotted this example of a "NASCAR bus" and immediately knew I had, absolutely had to take pictures of it. Enjoy!


Thanks Sarah! I guess my secret is out now. It’s true, I sponsor an infield NASCAR bus and allow only the fastest runners to sit atop of it and watch the race. All of the people you see up there run sub 2 ½ hour marathons without breaking a sweat. Of course when I say ‘run’ I actually mean ‘watch’ and when I say ‘sub 2 ½ hour marathons’ I actually mean ‘Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.’ I bet I can beat 95% of any NASCAR infield in a footrace. I would have said 100% but it turns out that Sarah would probably own me. Perhaps I’ve found my new running goal; to be faster than everyone who regularly attends NASCAR events.

Finally, there are still 3 open spots in the Half-Fast Fantasy Football league. Sign up before Thursday if you want in, if you have any problems logging in, shoot me an e-mail and I’ll send you an invite.

11 comments:

  1. What an awesome picture haha! And I finally remember my CBS login, so I joined the league.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Santa Clause watching NASCAR?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is too funny! I might be able to beat the "santa clause" guy.... maybe!

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you had a big white beard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But what I really want to know is... could you outrun that bus?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That thing looks Quarter Fast. At most.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the runners up to the double-decker at the closing ceremonies Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So that's how you got that HM PR, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think they were Jeff Gordon fans, which means that they fail at life, basically. :)

    (I'm a Jimmie Johnson girl, myself.)

    I was happy to be able to bring this to the wider world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't get into the NASCAR thing, but the Diners, Drive-ins and Dives sounds interesting... Nice pic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I understand if you're chased by a NASCAR fan you can make a successful escape simply by turning right. It confounds them every time.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.