Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Skirt Chaser 5K

As you no doubt remember from my last race report miles 11, 12 and 13 were unending in their torment of my psyche and my quads. I am bound and determined to make sure that doesn’t happen in my next race, which is why I have picked a race that doesn’t have a mile 11,12, or 13. In fact, it doesn’t even have a mile 4 because it’s a 5K, hopefully the title of this post didn’t give that away too early.

On September 6th Candis and I will be running in the Denver Skirt Chaser 5K. The women start off in the first wave with a 3 minute head start, and the men start in the second wave, also called the skirt chaser wave. A 3 minute head start is a sufficient amount of time for me to boil an egg and then chase down Candis somewhere before the 2 mile mark. Once I catch her I’ll give her a taunting loving pat on the butt and then speed off to finish the race as far ahead of her as possible, reminding her that I am superior and belong on a pedestal. Do not bother to respond in the comments about how Candis is going to ‘totally kick my butt’ because it is a virtual certainty that she will be ‘husbanded’ before the race is said and done. (‘Husbanded,’ another one for the list Nitmos? Or maybe Vanilla’d?)

It’s been a while since I’ve run a 5K so this will be a good judge of progress as to how well I’m Shaving My 5K. The skirt chaser race series is supposed to have one of the best post race block parties with beer and music aplenty so I’m looking forward to the event. Additionally, there are going to be at least two other bloggers that I know of who are heading out to Denver to participate in this event so perhaps I’ll get to meet them too.

For those of you who are wondering, Candis will be running in a skirt, I will not, despite this generous offer that I received shortly after my Men’s Running Skirt post:
Just a line to let you know that if you want a running skirt for free it would be my honor to make one for you. Send me your measurements and color and type you desire. - Davian Steffen, SkortMan.
At first I thought that it would be kind of funny to go ahead and get a skirt to run in, so I clicked on the link to his site, SkortMan and then I took a long hot shower in the fetal position because it was quite a bit different from what I was expecting. Go ahead, click the link.

So on the off chance that Davian Steffen is reading this, thanks for your generous offer but I’m going to have to pass.

23 comments:

  1. Husbanded! Good one. Now, you better make sure you aren't Wifed.

    Say Hi to Grandpa Steffen for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gourds. Those are pretty skirts! I can't believe you declined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoah Nelly! My favorite part of his site was the exclamation point after the word "Panties."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, hopefully outrunning your wife will restore your clearly deflated ego. Would you consider doing a he said/she said race report?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was sad to realize I missed the Skirt Chaser 5K in Chicago, and sadly the other races are not geographically close. If Candis beats you, you should have to run your next 5K in a skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tfh - what's a he said/she said race report look like?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Goodness. I can't believe he didn't offer you the matching ruffled panties, too. What a bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How could you turn those beauties down LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My eyes! My eyes!

    I don't know if a petticoat style would work for a run, but maybe he could make something special. I was afraid to click on the panties link.

    Meet up at the beer tent after? We'll probably be on our 3rd by the time you roll up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee get that skirt. And wear it in the race!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just not right to give us that link... just.. not... right!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oy the petticoat. Fetal position is right.

    I'm thinking Candice has been Vanilla'd plenty. Just make sure you give a love tap on the right butt or you will find out what it's like to be wifed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aawww! It would be so cute for you & Candis to have matching skorts, no? And yes - do give a love tap to the correct butt - I'd made that mistake before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Umm, yeah. I don't think you want to wear those skirts.

    I, however, do.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. Um, yeah, those skirts aren't for running. Well, maybe for running across the playground, but not for running a race.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck! And don't get distracted.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not sure what the race report would look like, but hopefully it would include your wife bringing you down a few notches ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. My puke threshold is not as strong as I thought.

    Good luck at the race. The next day, I'll putting some more distance between our half marathon PRs. Can't be too careful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't believe I clicked that link - AGH!

    Enjoy the race.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Im at work, afriad to click the link. On the the 5K what are the "rules" on patting butts as you go by? If I start behind Vanilla and catch him? What if I wear the skirt?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't tell ya how many bloggers emailed me and told me that I better do speed drills NOW so I can beat the *skirt* off you. ha ha.

    Don't worry, I'm not planning on shaving my 5k time on this one and I will blame it on the altitude for sure! Just thought you might want to know how *ahem "loved" you are.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.