Friday, October 3, 2008

Vanilla Exposed!

This is going to have to be short, because the overlords here at work are actually making me work. I’m convinced that they tried to kill me yesterday by making me sit through 8 hours of compliance training, death by boredom. Fortunately, I figured out how to get my Google Reader on my Blackberry. That really saved my life yesterday because I desperately needed something to take my mind off the stiff with the 4 inch comb-over bombinating at the front of the room. They tried to get us excited for the training by providing a free box-lunch (read: dry sandwich and a fruit cup) and free coffee in the morning. I’m always down with free coffee, but providing 4 oz paper cups to drink it out of was just plain cruel. The man is trying to keep me down, but I managed to get in a good 6 mile run this morning before work so I’m a little less cranky today.

I’ll try to get a Weekend Splits post up on Saturday, but in the meantime, head on over to the Runner’s Lounge to see who the handsome devil is that got interviewed for Open Mic Friday. (Hint: It’s me!) Not only can you read my witty responses and discover what type of blog I almost started writing instead of Half-Fast, but you can also see all-new, never-before-seen pictures of me and my family. It’s a big Vanilla exposé, but fortunately with out any of that kind of exposing - get your minds out of the gutter! While you’re over there, if you haven’t already, be sure to sign up to be a member of the Runner’s Lounge and we can be totally awesome online friends. Runner’s Lounge; it’s where all the cool kids are hanging out these days.

13 comments:

  1. Hello! I am a new follower, sent over by Runner's Lounge. I think most of the reason I liked reading your entries is because your wife did a triathlon. I did one too. I'm doing another one in a week. Maybe someday I'll do a marathon. So I figure reading your blog will let me see what it's like for other people. (Also, I feel the same way you do: until I actually run a marathon, my running blog just isn't as cool as everyone else's.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there are no nudes, I don't want any part. LOL KIDDING!

    Good interview! I saw it this AM ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw...such cute pics of your family.

    FYI, your blog was the first running blog I ever read. And I'm still a runner. What a miracle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does every trainer have a comb over? It's an epidemic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great interview and stories. I love the cowbells. now you just have to win your first marathon or your children will think you’re a failure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great interview :)

    nothing worse that sitting through 8 hours of work training :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny interview!

    Yeah, every training session and meeting we have is always announced by email with the subject header "FREE FOOD." Or some variant of the above.

    Hope your weekend tops compliance training.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heavy sigh. That has to be the most boring, self-serving interview I have ever read. Are you running for Congress?

    :-)

    All kidding aside, it was nice to get a look at an "exposed Vanilla."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you survived The Man trying to stick it to you today with work and all. Its like they think they should get something in return for paying us, or something.

    Great interview. Love the answer to what you're looking forward to in the marathon. Such a "Vanilla" answer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that box lunch wasn't from Udi's. Everytime I'm in a lunch meeting and see Udi's get brought in my stomach rumbles. Not because it's horrible, but the portions are too small.

    www.udisfood.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great article/news story on runners lounge. I'm still trying to get into normal visits to runners lounge. It seems fun. Have a good weekend! Your kids are really cutE!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.