Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits, e-mail me.

El Overcompensato?

Huge truck? Check. Huge fake balls hanging down from trailer hitch? Check. Personalized plates with overly masculine phrase? Check and check. Yup, either this guy is packin’ light or he’s hiding something. I’d guess that he’s two, maybe three therapy sessions from finding a new calling as an interior designer. This is the kind of thing that you see in really bad movies when the writers want to portray someone as a tough guy but are too stupid to show it through the plot and dialog or think that the viewers won’t pick up on subtle hints. As I drove past I looked at him half expecting to see a caricature of Steven Seagal, instead I saw a regular guy staring back at me through tinted glass that was probably paid for with stolen lunch money. “I’m sorry about your small penis,” I mouthed to him before he could gun the engine and overcompensate some more.

Sorry for the tangent there, I know it has nothing to do with running but you know what does? The links:

  • I weighed in on Kid’s Treadmills at CRN on Tuesday, although it feels like that was 2 weeks ago - it’s been a long week.
  • I was interviewed by Runner’s Lounge. (Don’t worry, the rest of the links are not me-centric.)
  • Mike is going to start a Running Carnival over at runningisfunny.com. Head on over there and check it out.
  • This one’s from a week or two ago, but it was too good to pass up. It’s called Endurance Poop 101 and I think that you can see now why it was too hard to pass up. Or maybe just too hard to pass. Yay poop jokes! Thanks to J~Mom for e-mailing it to me.
  • Tiggs went looking for groceries and found some soup mix from a company that should probably fire their entire marketing department. You have to go check this out, even just to look at the picture.

Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
This video follows the seen-while-driving theme of the picture above and it has been around for a little while so you might have seen it, but try to guess if I care.


All of a sudden I feel a lot safer about having taken the top picture on my camera phone and writing this post on my Blackberry, while driving.

Have a great weekend everyone!

10 comments:

  1. How do you manage to have your camera with you when you see these incredible sites (big truck/little penis guy)? Amazing and hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice video, was that an iPhone or a Blackberry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMFG!! That is just too much! HAHAHHAAAAA

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the ???

    This is just too much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I'm sorry about your small penis."

    -phrase I need to use more often

    ReplyDelete
  6. What would have been truly awesome is if you pulled up to the car to see a chick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is crazy! Haven't seen anything quite like that in my Houston driving. YET!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Classic!

    I just started reading your blog. Great stuff!

    My wife and I find that it's sometimes more helpful to communicate the El Overcompensato message nonverbally by holding up one hand and extending the pinkie while looking at the over-compensator with a mock-sympathetic, sad clown face.

    We try to do what we can to break down language barriers so that the world may come together as one and all - EVERYONE! - may laugh at the genital inadequacies of these luuuuzers.

    We're all about inclusion. We're Big Tent people that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay my cock.....soup....made the weekend splits!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.