Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Streak Update

ur doin it wrongI thought it would be nice if I used pictures of different streakers each time I gave a streak update and since the last Streakapalooza post featured a man streaking this one features a woman. Quick lesson for all you current and future streakers out there: If you’re going to streak a sporting event then do it right and remove all your clothes. Streaking in your underwear is like sending out those e-mails promising naked Jessica Biel pictures that end up downloading viruses to my computer, at first you’re all excited and filled with hope but then it’s nothing but disappointment. It would be like Googling “naked Jessica Biel pictures” and winding up and some stupid running blog. See how disappointed you are.

So far I’ve run every day in the month of June except today, but fear not I still have plenty of time to get in today’s run. Actually, I’m supposed to meet some folks after work tonight at the Rio for dinner and yes, you guessed it, margaritas! (I think whenever you write margaritas! it should have an exclamation point behind it.) I’m either going to have to leave work a little early to get my run in or try to run on the treadmill tonight after dinner and margaritas! Either way it sounds like a good time.

For the first week or so it was kind of fun to try and run every day but the novelty is definitely starting to wear off. The one thing that it has done is made me more dedicated to finding time to run. For example if the above situation would have occurred last month I would have already postponed today’s run in order to order some margaritas! and spicy Mexican food, instead I find myself figuring out how to run despite the other things that are going on. Don’t worry too much though, in true Half-Fast spirit I’m certain that once we hit July I’ll be back to postponing runs at the drop of a hat, especially if it’s my running hat. Can you imagine running in a hat that had just been dropped on the ground and was all dirty? Ewww, gross! You would have to wash the hat first and let it dry which would put your running on hold for at least a couple of days. Man, I wish July would hurry up and get here, I am just bubbling with good excuses not to run!

20 comments:

  1. I suggest you run after the margaritas! Mythbust the notion that running drunk on a treadmill is a bad idea. Do it for us. And please provide video. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Viper - it's funny that you mention that because we recorded another episode of the podcast last night and that was everyone's suggestion for me too. I can really feel the love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it weird that I arrived here after googling "naked margaritas!"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or you could just combine all of them, and drink the margaritas and then run in JUST a hat...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Rio does make a fine margarita!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are boys allowed to drink margarita!s? I'd ask for it in a rocks glass instead of the cactus-y mararita glass and sissy lime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote margaritas then the treadmill. With video!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try googling "Half Fast Naked Streakers"...I will forever look at Rubgy with a sense of hope seeing that pic posted....

    ReplyDelete
  9. So theres no nudie Jessica Biel pictures here?

    Im out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are right about that ! after margaritas! But shouldn't UNexciting things get this guy ¡ in front of them to indicate that they leach all the excitement out of things?

    Like "¡Prostate exam".

    Shouldn't you be promoting THAT, too?

    Enjoy your margaritas!, ¡Vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In my tragic experience, most streakers would look far better with underwear, and perhaps a nice pair of slacks and a shirt, too. Kinda like nudists, they're never the ones you'd want to see nekkid.

    So if you're going to continue this streak thing, may I suggest renaming it a "centerfold"?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so getting margaritas!! (2 exclamation points b/c it's plural) on the way home from yoga tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with XC2. After yesterday's reference to The Hills and today's declaration that you're going out for Margaritas! I think you have to hand in your man-card.

    Or change up your drink order to a Dos Equis or shots of Patron. Then, I can respect any kind of drunk running you may later do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guys can't drink margaritas at a Mexican restaurant? Really? What about metrosexuals?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Straight men can drink margaritas. We just don't drink margaritas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, having margaritas! is already suspect, but having them with dinner instead of just hammering them down on an empty stomach means you've already joined the ranks of Uncool Dorky Old Runners.

    Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see all the best mockery has already been given. I will refrain then from repeating the above.

    I will however chastise you and everyone else in the blogosphere for mentioning mexican food. The English do not do Mexican food well if at all. There is a burrito place in town which is pretty good, but all they make is burritos.

    I pine for a chimichanga. (Not a euphemism.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. jeezzz, and I found this site by googling Man-dates and Margarita's, but as Xenia said "the best mockery has already been given".

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love margaritas!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.