Friday, June 5, 2009

500th Post!

Guess what? This is my 500th post and I’m not going to do anything special for it. Whenever I come up on a milestone post, all I can think of is what Jess said on her 1000th post: “Wow, what a colossal waste of time.” (Or maybe it was her husband that said it?)

Five hundred posts with nary an ounce of insight or wisdom. I thought about putting together a list of my favorite posts but hey, newsflash: I’m lazy. Besides if you wanted to read my favorite posts then you’d just click on the Best of Half-Fast tab above, or that link I just provided. Anyway, you’re welcome to congratulate me on my 500 posts in the comments and remind me how awesome and cool and boss and hip I am because my tender ego could use a boost.

Enough about me, Candis is doing another sprint triathlon tonight because she evidently lacks the focus and drive to concentrate on one sport at a time. I’ll be there to take pictures and remind her constantly about how she forgot to put on her bib last time. I probably won’t be at all obnoxious.

Marcy, Marcy, Marcy!
Normally I wouldn’t clutter my epic 500th post with news about someone other than me, but I’ll make an exception for Marcy, she deserves it. Marcy is going into blog retirement, and not only that she’s wiping out her blog completely so you won’t even be able to go back and enjoy the archives. Here’s what I remember most about Marcy: When I was writing the Weekend Splits on a regular basis I would often try to link small running blogs that were new and unique and worth reading so that all my readers could have one more timesuck during their workday. Every time I found one that I thought was brand new, that no one else knew about I’d inevitably go into the comments to say hello and there would be a comment from Marcy asking them how their race went or how their sick turtle was doing. She was ubiquitous and it seemed like she genuinely took an interest in everyone. So fare thee well Marcy! You sure do get around! :p lol.

18 comments:

  1. Congrats. And nice little tribute to Marcy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I've wasted that much time reading your blog. Who's the bigger sucker?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your best-of doesn't have enough of you failures for my tastes. Congrats, I guess, for wasting so much of your employer's time. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to 500 more! Which, of course, means 'No, Candis, you will not be able to afford that nicer home.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck, Candis!

    Oh and congrats on reaching 500 posts, Vanilla. I guess. Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, it was my husband who said it. He sees my blogging as the pinnacle of nerdiness (judges the man who plays video games and collects comic books).

    Anyway, congrats on 500!

    ReplyDelete
  7. C'Mon dude, you gotta do something special. Try getting drunk, and take stupid pictures or something.

    Congrats.

    Oh and I miss Marcy already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think use of the word "boss" for "cool" probably negates the applicability of it. But congrats on 500, which is totally rad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on 500 - but honestly I would have thought you'd be at least three quarters fast by now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 500 posts?? Damn you're good. I wish I had that much to say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you forgot, "I owe it all to RazZDoodle". Since Marcy is leaving, I'll let that one slide.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an insightful blog.

    congrats on your 500th.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 500 posts? I'll probably be posting pictures of cheeseburger cats by then since I will have run out of things to talk about around 250.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on 500 and here's to ten times as many.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing. Just think about what you could have done with all of that time. At the very least you could have run a few marathons (if not and ultra). Instead you spent your time sitting at a computer talking about, complaining about and simply pondering running. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I find it oddly comforting to know there are so many other "geeks" out there...and dedicating so much more more time than me to this "geeky" pastime.

    Now, if you'll excuse me I have other blogs to read.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.