Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Don’t Give Up, Don’t Ever Give Up

This isn't directly related to running but it is a great inspirational speech by the late Jim Valvano. If this speech doesn't inspire you then you're probably the worlds only living heart donor. If you have 10 minutes of free time, which you probably do since you're online reading a running blog, then I suggest that you check it out.



This was brought to my attention today while listening to ESPN radio. They are doing their annual auction today for the V Foundation for Cancer Research where you can bid on a number of different items.

I have my first FIRST workout tonight (see previous post), a 4x400 speedwork session and I think I'm going to watch this video again before start, or maybe I'll even do it on the treadmill and loop the video.

2 comments:

  1. i've seen this speech many a time. its good stuff, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this. I loved it. "have a goal, have a dream, and be willing to work for it" That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.