Saturday, July 28, 2007

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.

Every week I find more great blogs and articles which I try to share with you in the Weekend Splits so that you have some better reading options than Half-Fast. Eventually I'll have shown you enough cool blogs that you won't have to come here and read lame stories about a thirty-something dad who pees on himself and occasionally gets mad at cops. The plan is to eventually phase myself out like the dodo bird.

Get your mind out of the gutter. It's a Banana Guard!

I try to keep the picture for the weekend splits somewhat interesting and I just couldn't pass up the phallic banana guard that was featured on Crunch 'Nanas, which by the way is one of the cool blogs that I was referring to above. Technically it wasn't featured this past week but I'll let it slide based on the sheer awesomeness of it.

Do you have fat friends? Cranky Fitness thinks you should get rid of them before the fatness rubs off on you. OK, that's not what she said but there was a very interesting post about obesity being socially contagious. Cranky Fitness is written by an author named Crabby McSlacker which is an awesome name but really sucks because now I can't use it.

Lost Runner would like to remind you to be sure and register for the race that you're training for.

Über-Fast runner Marcy sent me a link this past week to a running blog called The Lost Hawaiian and more specifically to a non-running related article that she posted about Thongs. Hooray Thongs! At this point I'd like to go on the record and state that I too have never worn a thong.

Thanks to Self Propelled and to Runners Lounge for the Shout Outs, while you're over at Runners Lounge go check out their Weird Running Stories and add your own. I'd add one of my own, but I don't really have any interesting running stories.

Enjoy the weekend everyone, and happy running!

8 comments:

  1. The banana guard! I love it. I wonder why we don't see them more often, because bananas get squashed all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I just have a dirty mind, but that Banana guard seems slightly suggestive. At least its not flesh colored.

    Thanks, Vanilla, for mentioning Cranky Fitness! (And just to be clear: Do Not Dump Your Fat Friends! No! Bad! (It was other dumbass experts who suggested this as a diet strategy. Crabby thinks they should be given a few whacks to the head with a banana guard).

    Great blog, Vanilla, and don't you dare phase yourself out because we need more bloggers who pee on themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, me again: I was signed in under the wrong email account, and am obsessive enough to want to correct my user name so it points to the right place.

    Obviously, I need therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks homie but I'm LMAO at the "uberfast fast" part. That was a joke, right? I hope so LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the record I have no plans to phase out Half-Fast.

    Marcy, I think you're faster than I am so it helps me to feel better about myself if I call it Uber-fast. ;)

    Crabby thanks for stopping by. Twice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Is that a Banana Guard in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me? (Thank you, I'll be here till Thursday, then check me out at the Travelodge in Pixley, off Highway 309.)"

    You better not phase out H-F! You are required reading around these parts.

    Have a great week, man.

    TLG

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want a banana guard, it is definitely what is missing from my pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He he. It's awesome, right?! Just don't forget you've put a banana in it. We had an, um, incident once when I forgot about the banana inside, didn't need the guard for a while, and it liquified. It was gross!

    Thanks for the mention! I'll strive hard to find more oddities to keep you interested...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.