Saturday, July 21, 2007

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.

Oscar Pistorius has a first name...

Nike's "I am not a runner..." video has been making the rounds on several of the blogs that I visit, but I first saw it on Learning to Run so he gets the nod here. If you haven't seen it you should go check it out. For all the attention Pearl Izumi and Reebok have generated with their ad campaigns I am always a big fan of Nike's ads.

Mike Antonucci thinks that Murphy was probably a runner, and I think I'd have to agree.

Rumors and Rants is rooting for Oscar Pistorius, but not for the reasons that you might think. Incidentally does anyone else think of Australopithecus when they hear this guy's name? No? Just me then? OK. For a more scientific view and to learn whether Oscar's blades are an unfair advantage, visit The Science of Sport.

A runner was recently arrested and despite my recent reporting of police officers unnecessarily harassing runners this guy probably deserved to be harassed as he was running buck naked. With Leather has more on it.

Shout Outs
This is becoming a regular part of the weekend splits because anytime I run across someone who has mentioned Half-Fast I like to return the favor.

The Lawson's do Dallas! There are very few blogs that I HAVE to read everyday but this is one of them. Most of the blogs I read are about running or sports, The Lawson's do Dallas is never about sports, only occasionally about running, but ALWAYS HILARIOUS and that makes it worth your time. I've missed important meetings at work because I didn't know when else I was going to have a chance to read Amy's blog. A big thank you to my cyber friend Amy for her kind shout out and endorsement of my blog.

I Signed Up For This?!? also name checked me this week while asking for assistance in finding our missing blogger. No further update on that by the way. I'm beginning to fear the worst. : (

Finally, thank you to Runners Lounge who didn't directly mention me by name but they did link back to my training plan. I also loved the following quote in the article:

We can craft masterful training plans that look cool and sound cool, but without
a little bit of "I will" or "I think I can", they might as well be written on
counterfeit one hundred dollar bills because they won't buy you the race you
want.

Enjoy the weekend! Happy running!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention! I like your week wrap up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NP, you deserve more readers. This stuff is too good to keep it all to myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Rump.
    If my ten readers started to read your blog, and your ten readers start to read mine, then we're totally on our way to being famous!
    This is freaking fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.