Saturday, July 14, 2007

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.

How not to pack your supplements and energy drink when you travel to your next race.

Scott over at A Trail Runner’s Blog retells ultra runner Rick Gaston’s story of his attempt to run 100 mile race and then smuggle a several kilos of sports drink through customs in Sheridan, Wyoming. I guess the challenge of running a 100 mile race wasn't exciting enough for Rick (ultra runner-slash-drug-mule for the Colombian cartel) so he decided to spice things up a bit.

The ESPYs will be on TV Sunday night and you should watch them because Dean Karnazes is going to win one. I know this because; 1) I can see the future and 2) It has already been reported on various other blogs. One of those is true. See here and here for more info. I will be surprised if Dean gets much face time on the ESPYs as I'm sure that ESPN will spend most of their time on which criminal/baby-making-machine player will win the NFL Player of the Year, but congrats to Dean anyway. UPDATE: I was right (naturally), ESPN did not even mention Dean in the also-receiving-awards-tonight blurb. Updated 7-16.

Chocolate Runner's Blog gives us an Ode to an anchovy. I don't like anchovies but I do like chocolate. Actually, I've never tried anchovies but I'm still pretty sure I don't like them, I do like the poem though.

Marcy over at I Signed Up For This?!? claims that running is like a bad boyfriend. I'll have to take her word for it because I've never had or been a bad boyfriend, I married the only girl I ever dated and we're in the middle of living happily ever after.

Big thanks to Team Little Guy who mentioned me in their blog a couple of weeks ago. Go and give these guys some support and encouragement because at some point they're going to realize that they've signed up for a 208 mile race and then they will really need your encouragement and maybe also to be talked in from the ledge.

Also thanks to Just One More Mile who linked back to Half-Fast at the tail end of a post, if you’re not reading her blog daily then you’re missing out.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the shout out!

    Are you SURE you've never been a bad bf? For all you know, your wife could like the torture :P JK!

    It's also nice to know that another person is following the FIRST plan for HM training ;-) We can be miserable together :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love weekend splits! It's a must read. Not just to see if I get a shout out ... which seriously only inflates my out-of-control ego!

    I'm off to read how 'running is like a bad boyfriend' I just know I am going to relate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanilla -

    Thanks for the shout out and the link love! You're cooler than the coolest cool that has ever cooled.

    Team Little Guy

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.