Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Shave Your 5K Amendment

If you haven’t read the initial Shave Your 5K post then you should start there, this is merely an amendment that seems destined to turn into a full blown Bill of Rights.

Several people have mentioned that they are having difficulty finding a 5K during these brutal winter months. If you are one of those people who cannot find a 5K to run before March 31st and you didn’t run one in December ’07 (remember the stubble time window extends back to December ’07) then I will make an exception for you and for Katie Holmes. (Seriously, Katie call me.)

Keep in mind that the longer you wait to run your 5K, the less time you will have to get faster by the end of the year. In that vein, I will give you as long as you need to run your stubble time 5K. I’m going to stick to my original decision that your smooth time 5K must be run in November or December because there tends to be a lot of races during that time of the year.

I like to think that Half-Fast is an EOB (equal opportunity blog) so if any of you SOBs have any other issues with this challenge you can shove them up... e-mail me and I will do what I can to make things easier for you. That’s what I’m here for you know, to make your life easier.

All joking aside, I’d hate for someone to not enter the challenge based on a technicality, so I’m more open to making concessions than a Vegas club owner when Lohan hits the Strip.

That’s all for today, I’m off to buy a new pair of running shoes. Yipee!

11 comments:

  1. maybe you should take there PR for 5k and subtract 5 minutes. At least that would give me a shot at winning.

    Or you could just take their PR from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done my part promoting your Challenge. While it sound pretty cool, I will unfortunately not be participating. Now if it had been a 10K Challenge... Perhaps in 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done my part promoting your Challenge. While it sound pretty cool, I will unfortunately not be participating. Now if it had been a 10K Challenge... Perhaps in 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, that's what I'm talking about. Now, I'm in. I'll do a 5k as fast as I can stand and let you know. Hopefully, I'll have one later to compare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge... our company is actually sponsoring a Virtual 5k towards the end of Feb. Donate money to charity, get a cool shirt AND be part of the Shave Your 5k Challenge... go to active.com and search World Media Run for details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rather than an EOB you are an EEO (Equal Opportunity Offender), if you offend everyone, then no one can say you are picking on them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't resist the offer of someone making my life easier, V. So let me bring this scenario before the Shave Your 5K committee for consideration...

    I can't run a 5K before March 31 because I'm training for the damned marathon in May. However, I ran a 5K in June 07 in 28 mins. I plan to run the same 5K in June 08 and try to shave my time. Could that count?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in on your 5K challenge! I am so freaking slow, that I figure I have a good chance of shaving a lot of time by next December. I linked to your challenge on my blog. Now to find a 5K in Maine before March 31.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in! I have a time from Jan. 1st, but I have another race on the 26th so I'll wait until after that to send you the info.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found a 5K ... but do I want to do it? I havent been running, and its FREAKING COLD in Chicago until about June.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alright, I'm in. My 5k will either be a v-day or st patricks day run here in madison. Will post a link over a my blog. Thanks for a little inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.