Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Welcome to 2008

This pretty much mirrors my response to resolutions.

I’m back at work from a long break, which means more regular blog posts and more regular reading of all of your blog posts. I came into my office this morning and was horrified to find both my e-mail and voicemail inboxes overflowing. In the spirit of a new year and a fresh start I just deleted all the new messages and decided to leave the past in the past. Don’t people know that I’ve got a blog to write? I can’t be spending my time here at work answering e-mails and returning calls. How would I ever get anything posted?

As I said in my year in review post, the main goal this year is to get faster. With that in mind I will try to be more consistent about doing speedwork and tempo runs as a regular part of my training. As for what races I plan on running, here they are:

Why so few? To give everyone else a fighting chance, of course. Actually, I always run the Bolder Boulder, and the Denver Half Marathon and Colder Bolder 5K were two of my favorite races last year, so that’s why I’m listing those three. I am planning on running several other races this year but I like to keep my options open. I’m considering running the following races but in typical guy fashion I don’t want to commit to them just yet:

I will also probably run several local 5Ks this year but I like to be spontaneous about those. I like to fly by the seat of my pants, because I’m a wild and crazy guy who can’t be tied down to a restrictive schedule. Or maybe I’m just too lazy to put in all the planning work and find some 5Ks right now, you’ll have to decide for yourself.

Image credit to KissingSuzyKolber who probably stole it from somewhere else anyway.

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with the resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay if you're not up to a little challenge. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see what you're trying to do there Nancy, but your reverse psychology won't work on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's what I like right there

    "In the spirit of a new year and a fresh start I just deleted all the new messages and decided to leave the past in the past."

    Awesome way to start the new year! I knew you wouldn't let us down LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of the downhill half marathon. We've been talking about coming to Colorado for the Slacker's Half Marathon in 2009. That is one medal I would wear with pride.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the voicemail discipline, hey if it's important they'll call back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cartoon & deleting the vm's..past is the past. Sometimes you make me laugh to hard! Nice set of races! Glad, you are back on regular scheduled blog posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Calvin.

    You could always run the Colfax Half too; I think it's in May...I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.