Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Off Track: Fantasy Football

Half of the female readership of Half-Fast just rolled their eyes and ignored this post on their reader, but that’s OK because football season is almost upon us and that means it’s time for lazy Sunday afternoons on the couch with a beer in one hand and my scrotum in the other. It’s also time for the return of the Half-Fast Fantasy Football league (read: something else to distract me from being productive at work). Fall is coming, the temperatures are getting cooler and my long runs will get done on Saturday or not at all because Sunday is for football.

Last year someone other than me won the league and I would announce who it was except I’ve forgotten and CBS deleted the league so I have no way of finding out. If it was you, be sure to let us all know in the comments. This year, since I don’t have a list of everyone who played last year, I’m opening the league up to anyone, but you’ll have to sign up soon because the draft is on Thursday, September 3rd. I know it’s late notice but I’ve been too lazy to make this announcement prior to today.

Those of you who are fantasy football fanatics like me can click this link to sign up, those of you who are not can feel free to make fun of the rest of us in the comments. I suggest things like “fantasy football is just like Dungeons and Dragons for handsome, sexy people!” Ouch. I’m feeling the burn already.

Sign up link: http://freemeeting.0.football.cbssports.com/splash/invite/5960/370911/4f5dec490661d5ad
League password: fartlek

You know what you need to do.

19 comments:

  1. Unless you can assure me that I can draft the entire Detroit Lions roster, I'm not playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm pretty sure no one else will be taking any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first three picks are:

    Johnny Unitas
    Gale Sayers
    Mean Joe Greene

    What do you mean they retired?

    This is what happens when you watch College Football all day Saturday and nap through NFL games on Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why not fantasy running? Less sweat and pain that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Round these parts, Saturdays are for football. At least for winning programs, that is.

    At least you have the Bronc....nevermind

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saturday and Sunday are for football, here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I suck at that crap. Cant they have some sort of fantasy celbrity thing? Like you get points if the celebrity on your team gets a DUI, busted with drugs, or nude photos come out? I'd be a lot better managing a team like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll take the entire Browns squad and Nitmos and I can vie for most miserable team. But if we decapitate Brett Favre in Week 1, I'll call it a productive season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll take the Rams and whoop up on those really crappy team with a team that is also crappy but probably not as crappy as the really crappy teams.

    Too much fantasy football already - must not join another league...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I kind of want to play.. I think I could be the only girl in the league. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kind of want to play just because I'm amused by "fartlek". Never fails to make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ladies, you're welcome to play but you won't be the only woman in the league because Candis is already signed up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sigh...I love football season too! I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could barely read this post because I was rolling my eyes so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, I most certainly did roll my eyes but that's because I live with a man who is enrolled in 3 leagues, and who buys fantasy football magazines and spends countless hours online "researching" his players. He's such a nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in - provided that I can figure out auto drafting on CBS Sports.

    If I can't figure it out I'll pull out and stick to my double stuff racing with Payton and Eli.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I kept reading :)

    I won in the FF league I played in two years ago...and I was the only girl. If you think THAT didn't go over well, imagine how it was after I won their March Madness pool (again, the only girl).

    Funny, those guys stopped asking me to be in their FF league...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a few friends who are fantasy football fanatics and I've never understood, but what I do know is while they get together they like to eat. I work with Del Monte and if you ladies are looking for a healthy snack while you trade players, we have these citrus bowls and Superfruits that come pre-peeled and are a great "pick up and go" snack. Our website even has some yummy recipes that are light and easy to make at home, and you can even get some coupon while you're there. Check it out
    and enjoy!

    http://bit.ly/42t1Ne

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.