Saturday, February 2, 2008

Weekend Splits - Super Bowl Weekend!

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.


Enjoy your Super Bowl Sunday tomorrow, but whatever you do please don’t be this stupid - keep your beer on ice or in a refrigerator! Yeesh! Think before you act people!

Top billing in the Weekend Splits this week goes to... drum-roll please... ME! I love me some me! In case you missed it, I had another post go up at Complete Running on Tuesday in which I talked about Running at Altitude. Head on over and read it because you’re hurting my feelings if you don’t.

RazZDoodle who
  • never met
  • a bullet point
  • he didn’t like
  • had a great post titled Morning Insanity. In it he describes the insanity of his morning run (I’ll bet you didn’t see that coming) and also imagines what others are thinking when they see him out running in the cold early morning. Even his 4 year old told him he was crazy.

Laura has a post up over at Absolut(ly) Fit called You Know You’re a Crazy Running Blogger When... #1 and I’m convinced that it’s the start of a good series. However, isn’t it a bit redundant to put “Crazy” in front of “Running Blogger?”

Sister Skinny gives us Twenty Ways Getting out of Debt is Like Losing Weight. The easiest way to get out of debt is to win the lottery or to marry into a rich family. Too bad marrying into a skinny family doesn’t have the same effect. Anyone know where I can purchase tickets for the weight lottery?

Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
This week’s video features Damien Walters who is a member of the British Olympic Trampoline Gymnastics Team. He’s got some ridiculous moves.



Presumably there are clips of him karate kicking a punching bag and twirling a sword around to prevent me from saying things like “gymnastics is for sissies,” or “what a pansy,” but I’m not scared of him. My fists are considered deadly weapons in all of the 48 contiguous states, I’m not even allowed to take them on airplanes anymore.

Video from FanIQ via With Leather.

Have a great weekend everyone! Happy Running. Go Patriots!

5 comments:

  1. Come on you know that is you on the left holding the beer. It is your classic headless shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know you're street legal in Hawaii and Alaska. Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy, oy, oy Vanilla! Are we going to be at odds for every sport? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that electricity mishap waiting to happen is creeping me out.

    So glad you weren't hit with no reflective gear. That could have been so tragic.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.