Friday, July 25, 2008

Video Friday

I got nothing today. Zip, zero, zilch, nada. I find that the best thing to do when you don’t know what to post on your blog is to steal something from someone else’s blog or find a video to post. Video’s are great because the bright, moving images on the screen distract the gormless readers from the fact that you really haven’t written anything of substance, not that I ever write anything of substance. Today I’m stealing a video from another blog which makes me doubly awesome, and doubly lazy too (it’s a double double). I found the following video posted over at FitnessFixation.com, one of Kelly’s readers sent it to her. Man, it would be nice to have cool readers like that. Maybe if I stopped insulting my readers... nah... that can’t be it.

Anyway, the video goes over the basics of proper running attire and I think we can all learn something from it.



The next video was sent to me by Candis (my ever-supportive wife), who has posting privileges here at Half-Fast so I’m not sure why she didn’t just post the video herself. Seriously honey, I thought we already established that I’m the lazy half of this marital union. Candis, you might remember is training for her first sprint triathlon. I think that she’s trying to scare herself looking at videos like this.



Those of you who can’t view the videos because your workplace doesn’t allow them (ahem), are probably wishing that I was as considerate as Xenia. But I’m not. Have a great weekend everyone.

13 comments:

  1. All this time I could have saving money on running shorts.

    Have a fine weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet these videos were really funny and/or educational and/or motivating.

    I laughed/learned/felt energized over them.

    I think you did this out of spite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if by WORKPLACE you mean my old ass DELL DESK TOP then YES!

    (what's up with that!?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nitmos, this surprises you?

    Thanks for the link. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol.

    the swimming would be bad/scary---but all the people....& then them touching you?!?!?!

    Candis is one brave woman.....this scared me enough to not EVER consider anything "TRI"

    that's not to say I'm against all three (some)'s, well, in my early 20's anyway. :O)
    Did I just type that out loud/??!?!?!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why I get such a kick out of guys in their tighty whiteys, but I do. Kelly at FF finds the best stuff, doesn't she? And the bonus swear words are always worth a visit.

    Now I must leave your blog because the photo of that mud pie dessert thing is making me crazy. Must. Have. Chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And THAT is why I don't do triathlons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if there's any chaffing in that first video?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unfortunately some tri's feel like that. From what I hear, full Ironmans can be really bad as far as being kicked and Ive even read reports of people being punched

    ReplyDelete
  10. that guy in the powerbar video is going to FAIL. everyone knows that the most important thing to do in a tri swim is to get your face in the water and focus on your form. his head is all up in the air and he's looking/breathing forward. he'll hyperventilate within 100y of the shore and then his buddies will either be pulling him into the boat to save his life or beating a dead, wetsuit clad corpse.

    either way, that was a waste of a powerbar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another reason why I'll never do a tri: they spank you with oars!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is one of my favorite tri videos!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.