Saturday, March 14, 2009

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits, e-mail me.

Image found at Lance: The Blog! I’m diggin’ the Corny Exercise Jokes.
  • I linked to it once already this week but Viper’s rules of passing are definitely worth your time. Learn how to pass like a man, and pass gas like a man too. Dutch Oven anyone?
  • Jess stole my idea of pretending Intervals were a lover when she wrote a humorous Dear John letter to Intervals, and what’s really annoying about it is that she stole the idea a day before I had it. She’s breaking up with Intervals via a letter because you know he would beat her senseless if she tried that crap in person.
  • Carpeviam is a new blogger, a fellow wine lover, a treadmill hater and a complainer about the wind. It’s like she’s the female version of me, which is why I’m forgiving her for posting an Office spoiler when I SPECIFICALLY ASKED HER NOT TO!
  • Finally, I need you all to follow this link to Marcy’s blog. Her trashtastic ramblings over at I Signed Up For This?!? are highly amusing and well worth your time and she recently revealed that I’m the 4th most popular way that people get to her site after blogger and reader feeds and I’m trying to up my ranking. (I’ve upped mine, so up yours! Ba-boom cha!) In fact it might be a good idea to always come to Half-Fast when you want to go visit Marcy and then click on the link up there in the right hand corner of the page, then Marcy will think that she’s getting all of her traffic from me.

Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
This video was the grand prize winner on America’s Funniest Home videos, which means that it barely meets my high standards here at Half-Fast. It’s not very long, but if you have to go to the bathroom, go ahead and do that before you watch it. Enjoy!



Have a great weekend everyone. Run hard.

17 comments:

  1. Your "my new blog" this week! Nice......

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhh Vanilla you're dirty! LOL! It's because I have a coveted spot on the "Half Fast Recommends".

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dog is incredible. Good way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The female version of you? So, am I like the chocolate to your vanilla? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought Vanilla was the female version of Vanilla.

    Hey, who got carpeviam in my peanut butter?!/1! Wait ... Mmmmm, sure tastes good - like a female Vanilla dipped in peanut butter.

    On last observation: Why does that muscle guy's right thigh look like an @$$? And how do I get @$$-thighs? D you think curls would help?

    ReplyDelete
  6. "On" = "One" ... since I know my spelling errors tickle Vanilla so much, I deliberately included on in that comment, above. Yes. Intentionally.

    And yes, this time I meant "on"! NOT A TYPO!1!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And by "D you" I meant "D' you" - so, technically, not a spelling error. Just an errant apostrophe, is all.

    DON'T JUDGE ME!!1!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha he does have butt-thighs, funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest G, I'm NO "vanilla." ;) But, I do love myself a little chocolate dipped in peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dogs doing funny things shouldn't make me laugh as much as they do. Damn you American's Funniest Home Videos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now, if you can pull off a Dutch Oven during a run/race, I will salute you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You looking to score something more than a verbal bj from Marcy? You are one greedy S.O.B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So it doesn't hurt your feelings that so many are just using your site to leapfrog to Marcy's? She doesn't need anymore readers over there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that video is a little bit too much! ha ha I can't believe it. And a female form of you, I don't think I can handle it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like Intervals is not only abusive, but he was cheating on me with you as well.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.