Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Half-Fast Hits the Deuce

Today marks the 2 year anniversary of Half-Fast and the beginning of the next phase for this humble little blog. Yes, I said humble and I even kept a straight face when I said it. Despite what you might think from the random subject matter and the haphazard posting schedule, I have always had big plans for this blog. There has always been a specific, written strategy for this blog that I’ve admittedly tinkered with and changed over the last 2 years but for the most part I’ve stuck to it and I’m excited to tell you about the next phase.

I am pleased to announce a couple of changes today that will make the site a lot better, one of them will make it better for you and the other will make it better for me. Actually in a roundabout way they'll both make it better for me but I thought that you guys would feel special if I indicated that one of the changes was for you. What are those changes? I’m glad you asked.

First of all, Nitmos from Feet Meet Street has agreed to come on board and help with posting duties here at Half-Fast. In fact, one of the reasons that you haven’t seen him over at FMS recently is because he and I have been working out the details of his new role here and how we’ll work together to make Half-Fast as gooder as possible (his words not mine). This means that the number of posts here at Half-Fast is probably going to increase significantly and the productivity coming out of your office is probably going to suffer. Nitmos will still post occasionally at FMS but the bulk of his posts going forward will be found here.

Secondly, (and this is the part that will primarily benefit me and Nitmos) in the very near future we will begin posting some premium content, meaning content that will require a nominal monthly fee in order to view. Think of it like ESPN’s INsider content, except that this will be totally worth paying for. We haven’t decided on what the premium content subscription fee will be, but rest assured it will be less than the coffee you bought this morning on your way in to work. We also haven’t decided how many posts will initially be considered premium content, but as time progresses it will likely get closer and closer to 100 percent. We’ll try to make this as painless as possible for you since we don’t want to lose any readers and we may even give away some free lifetime subscriptions when we make the switch to premium content. Stay tuned for more details about this process.

I’ve always aspired to draw some type of income from Half-Fast (look around you at all the ads) and while I’ve never had any delusions that I would be able to quit my day job I think that this is a step in the right direction. Speaking of the ads, once you become a premium subscriber you will no longer be subjected to them any more so that’s just one more reason that you should sign up to become a premium subscriber.

Join me in welcoming Nitmos into the fold and help me give myself a big pat on the back for blogging for 2 years.

42 comments:

  1. Nice try. ;)

    The cupcakes look like tits. I thought this was a family-friendly blog. Now I'm terribly offended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going "satellite radio" on us? You know they promise no ads, but many of their stations still have as many commercials as "commercial radio".

    Anyway, disconcerting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally on board! My friend, Mrs. Maryam Abacha of Nigeria, will be contacting you with details of my payment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, you had fuming me until I saw the "April Fools" Tag at the bottom. Nice try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me going there for a minute... I was like, WHAT?? Premium content?? What could Vanilla write that would be worth PAYING for? Then... yup. I got it. April Fool's buddy. Nice one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, I could totally fall for the premium content, but NItmos posting here? No way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gawwwdd Vanilla ;-)

    But is today your 2 year? I know you started around the same time as me so that is one truth, right? HAPPY 2nd!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm cupcakes. I have no idea what you said after that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think that collaboration would happen even when hell freezes over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so will you have to be 18 and older to view the premium content? should I send my credit card number and security code on the back, or just a blank check?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha aren't you witty and a big happy fools day to you too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I can see why you'd need the money, what with all your Grand Plans ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I "pay" in some way every time I read a post of yours. :-)

    Happy Anniversary!

    Random question - if your wife ever beats you in a race, do we call her "Half-Faster"?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I dunno, those two pefectly arranged cupcakes with two extremely red...um....yeah... suggest an entirely new format which I, a typical American male, am entranced by...would this payment involve credit cards, and would it be charged under "Half-Nit-Entertainments"?

    ReplyDelete
  16. April's fool! I can't trust anything I read on the internet these days... Geez.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I fell for it....

    Happy Birthday "Vanilla."

    Your always missed when we forget you in our chocolate chip cookie dough! They just don't taste the same with out you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Man, that's the 3rd time today that I've been duped! You'd think I'd grow wiser with each post, but instead I am just as gullible!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Why does everyone think this is a joke? I quit my job when you told me about all the money I'd be making. That's no joke. Unless, wait, is the joke on...me?

    ReplyDelete
  21. got me. hilarious. i was almost getting a little upset. i'm terrible at these fools things.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, but you should totally switch to premium content! I, like so many others, would eagerly fork over my hard-earned cash for my daily fix of Half-Fast.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gullible. Fell for it. Wouldn't pay a dime.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I fell for your crap last year, which means a) I'm not a sucker this year, and b) I've been online for 365 days straight and need to get a life.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yeah, ha, ha, my check's in the mail. You should pay us, especially for that dancing gorilla video. That's time in my life I'm definitely not getting back.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's sad that I've been reading long enough to know what to expect for your anniversary post. Happy two. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  27. ahahaha, you got me!!! And I thought I wasn't gullible. Don't think I've commented here before, but love your blog ...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Although I will admit I am a pretty gullible person, I will also admit that I stopped delivering (and expecting) April Fool's jokes around the age of 16.

    I'm assumimg by premium content you are promising some sort of nudity? More than just a pair of cupcakes, right?

    ReplyDelete
  29. I was going to tell you that you were a credit to capitalism, but then I realized it was all a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is why I hate April Fool's Day. I was PISSED as I read through this post--you completely had me.

    I'm sooo such a fool. And so super-glad that I'm still going to get your awesome shit for FREE. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh GOT it. Only after I read everyone else's comments.

    Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  32. April Fools!!!!! Hahahaha!!! Right?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Totally got me. And I'm sure you'll get me next year too.

    Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey guys, I've worked with them behind the scenes. It's no picnic. It'd be like Ishtar, but with no point.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Excellent work young man. Someday you'll grow up to be a champion blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, this post was a little too much like a conversation I've recently had at work to sound like a prank. I was ready to rip you a new one.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.