Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Bolder Boulder to use "Smart Chip"

From the Denver Post:
"Runners will wear a "Smart Tag" that contains a pair of antennae and utilizes radio frequency identification. Electronic readers at mile markers and the finish line will detect the tags as they pass, recording each runner's progress.”

“Before they head home on race day, runners will be able to pick up a card at the race expo giving them their official finish time and mile splits.”

Well at first I was extremely disappointed to hear this news, I mean I had a nice little shortcut all planned out, but I think there’s a tiny chance that maybe someone might find it suspicious that I missed mile markers 2, 3, and 4. I don’t know call me a conspiracy theorist or something. I’m going to have to institute “Operation Kick Me”, which is to arrive early and tape my Smart Tag onto the Kenyan in my wave. What’s that? What do you mean there won’t be any Kenyan’s running in the jog/walk wave?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.