Sunday, April 1, 2007

How I Became A Runner

I live right outside of that thriving metropolis of hippies and college students that is Boulder, CO. I love Boulder, it’s great, it smells like patchouli and everyone is so environmentally friendly that the majority of their air pollution probably comes from secondhand pot smoke.

Anyway, I had been telling myself for a number of years that it would be good for me to train for a year and then run the Bolder Boulder, a 10K race that is held annually on Memorial Day, but if there’s one thing you should know about me it’s that I procrastinate like a death-row inmate eating his last meal. In 2005, I signed up and paid for an entry in the Bolder Boulder 2 months prior to the race and without any prior training. Turns out that fear is a pretty good motivator. I began running almost daily (which I don’t recommend) and it wasn’t so bad. I’ve been a runner ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.