Saturday, May 24, 2008

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.


I’ve never witnessed a terrible accident when I’ve been out running, but I’m certain that if I came across the above scene I would feel the same kind of urgency to help out that Tom Cruise does when he sees an accident. They’d find me passed out, Garmin paused, with a satisfied smile on my bloody lips.

With the Bolder Boulder looming on Monday and this being a 3 day weekend I wasn’t going to post the Weekend Splits today. I figured the combination of those two factors was all the excuse I needed, but I changed my mind when I read J-Money’s post about a customer she ‘helped’ just so I could have the privilege of linking to the post. IT’S THAT GOOD. I know that I’m often given to hyperbole, but it was some of the best writing that I’ve read in a long time.
  • Cause You Know It Don’t Matter Anyway. Top billing goes to J-Money this week, how could it not after that intro. You all owe it to yourselves to go read this, even those of you who don’t usually click on the links in the Weekend Splits.
  • Cranky Fitness has a quick quiz that will tell you what type of runner you are. Turns out I’m kind of a sloth. I never would have guessed it.
  • Laura’s boss is one of those non runners. You know the type, “Yeah, I could totally run a marathon, it’s not that hard.” Head on over there and give her some witty comebacks that will doom her to middle management for the rest of her life.
  • Turi e-mailed me a disturbing news article that doesn’t pertain to running at all, but does involve a character named Vanilla. Uh... thanks Turi. I think.

Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
This week’s video is courtesy of sRod who posted it as a link in the Weekend Splits a few weeks ago. That means you might have already seen it, but ask me if I care. Go ahead ask me, I dare you to.



I will not ever be able to listen to that song again without thinking of this, but hopefully I will not ever have to listen to any Mariah Carey song ever again.

Best of luck to everyone else who’s racing this weekend, I’ll catch you on the flip side.

12 comments:

  1. Nice photo... but where's the hammock? :)

    (I would have figured you for a Jack Rabbit type of runner. Shows what I know.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does my sorra shooo after watching that?

    Van leea, tulibu dibu douchoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG....that was the funniest video I ever saw....LMAOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the call out!

    That video is so stuck in my head that I can't remember the original words. Although, come to think to think of it, I didn't know the original words in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping in to say GOOD LUCK in the 10K tomorrow! Run hard!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's sad when that is the first thing to cover up the horrid NKOTB "resurrection video."

    Good luck tomorrow Vanilla and Candi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still going to claim that I've never heard a Mariah Carey song. What WAS that? Jeez, the boingboing link pales in comparison...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anyone know Vanilla's Bib Number in Boulder Boulder?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking at the first picture I think Obi-Wan said it best:

    I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, the humanity! Please, some warning before you post a photo so gory.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAH! That video is amazing.

    "ken lee tulibu dibu douchoo"

    (Love your blog!)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.