Wednesday, October 21, 2009

This is Me Enjoying the Race

Race pictures from the Denver Half Marathon have been posted and the good news is that they took a ton of me and Candis. The bad news? Despite the fact that I was taking it easy and tried to smile at every photographer I saw most of my pictures came out looking like the one you see on the right.

Before we get to the rest of the pictures, Candis wanted me to share the best part about the race with all of you, which I guess means that she’s not going to write her own race report (lazy!). As we were walking back to our car from the post race expo (interesting that the best thing about the race occurred after it, no?) we walked past an elderly couple on their way to church. The lady noticed Candis’ medal and not so quietly whispered to her husband “Oh look at that, she must have won something!” Candis was so delighted that she quite literally leapt for joy... and then promptly doubled over in pain.
“I shouldn’t have jumped like that,” she told me as she attempted to stretch “my legs are too sore for jumping.”


Here we are at the start of the race. I wonder why no one else has their sunglasses on?



Here’s Candis ‘enjoying’ the race.



Here I am coming down the final stretch to the finish. I’m practically euphoric.



Here’s some visual evidence that some poor guy got chicked by Candis. Notice the guy ahead of Candis in the black shirt and white visor.



Look, now there he is behind Candis as she crosses the finish line. That’s right buddy. That. Just. Happened.


Candis apparently likes to run with one hand up in the air. Maybe she’s practicing for running with the Olympic torch just in case she ever gets asked.

29 comments:

  1. Rock on Candis! Too bad the guy's number wasn't visible.

    Picture #2 - Visual proof of why Daylight Savings Time sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo Candis!!! You run like a girl!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been lamenting my race pictures all summer. But this, this made me feel all better. :)

    Perhaps it's the official gait of the hardly sub-10 minute mile group.

    My theory is that by the time us hardly-or-almost 10 minute milers pass the photographers, they've grown bored with the job and just snap whatever.

    Yeah. That's it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people just aren't photogenic. My race pictures always come out like crap and it can't be attributed to my actual appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just loved your post, especially when Candice crossed the finish line after having chicked the guy! Awesome and she should be allowed to run with both hands in the air if she wants, great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm detecting a hint o' sarcasm. At least Candis rocked the free world.

    Sunglasses in the dark? Don't be THAT guy, Mr. Corey Hart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first picture of Candice looks like she's holding up the orange cone. Maybe she could carry that instead of the torch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these pics and love that she totally chicked a dude! Rock on Candis!!! You guys are so schmoopy and cute... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!! I love it!!! :D
    I'm with ShutupandRun. Maybe she can be the first official carrier of le cone'. Great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo hoo for Candis!

    People go to church on Sunday? Not just races?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Candice! She looks great in all of her photos and man, you look a day away from death (so do I in all my race photos, but Candice looks STRONG!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ha ha I love these pictures :) Nice work on enjoying the race!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wear my sunglasses at night...

    Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. it just looks like you are saying to yourself "end this now! end this now!"

    Candis, way to school that guy at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can never start practicing too early for the Olympics. Ive been running with fire to get used to the heat that it puts off. Basically the same deal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like how in the last pic it almost looks like the guy is just standing there with his hands on his hips, as if he just won't even cross the finish line after having been chicked :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bet: Done and Done. Although I some how feel that Winning is Losing. No matter - I will expect pictures on the Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, at least they didn't take a photo of you shitting your pants. It could be worse.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the CU shirt, you must have been celebrating that win over Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Does anybody actually BUY those horrible pics they take at races? Anyone? All I ever do is steal them and put them on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I almost didn't recognize you without your...


    (wait for it)...


    CARGO SHORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Candis ups your cool by 10x AT LEAST. She rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Way to go! That's the most awesome comment ever. I just ran a half and took almost an hour off my time only to come back home and have my sister ask me, "So did you win or anything?"

    ReplyDelete
  24. So we conclude that running in cargo shorts is the path to unhappiness? Makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cargo shorts for the last race....basketball shorts in this one. Haven't you figured out what running shorts are yet?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.