Sunday, November 4, 2007

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.


Finally we have an answer to the question that has plagued the minds of scientists and intellectuals for decades. If the world’s fastest speed walker is in mortal danger he runs! And you thought that there was nothing good on Japanese television.

Kelly from Fitness Fixation is here to pump you up with her article on Weight Lifting for Women which is actually posted over at Straight to the Bar. I like Fitness Fixation a lot. I go there for my daily dose of badassery and fitness advice laced with swearing (swearing and fitness go hand in hand). If you only read one fitness blog a day... well... then you should just keep reading Half-Fast, but if you read more than that, Fitness Fixation ought to be one of them.

The Running Laminator posted the Top 10 Things that he won’t miss about marathon training. I love top 10 lists, but I’m not going to lie to you. I still haven’t figured out why he named himself The Running Laminator? I know, I know, it’s ironic that a guy who called himself Vanilla is posing that question.

P.O.M. posted a hilarious Ode to her muffin top. To be quite honest I didn’t even know what a muffin top was until I read her post. I do know that the Atlanta Bread Company has the best Muffin Tops in the entire country. That Mocha Chocolate Chip is simply to die for, and you don’t even have to worry about whether or not to eat the bottom part of the muffin because you only bought the top! How do they make just the tops? Do they throw away the bottoms? Boy I sure hope not.

Finally, I’d like to point out that voting for the 2007 Weblog Awards is currently taking place. Half-Fast officially supports The Lawsons do Dallas! under the category of Funniest Blog and Kissing Suzy Kolber (R Rated for Language) under the category of Best Sports Blog. Please take 30 seconds and go vote, if you need more encouragement go read Amy’s plea for help which includes... you guessed it... a Top 10 list! Yay!

Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
I’ve said before that radio DJs are morons, but the evidence that is mounting against them is piling up faster than beer bottles in the back of Kiefer Sutherland’s car. The screams in the video below are even funnier in slow motion.


That’s not a divot that you can replace, genius. The good news is that he probably just took himself out of the gene pool so we won’t have to suffer through any of this idiot’s children. Have a great weekend everyone!

Video credit to With Leather for both videos.

2 comments:

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.