Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

For those of you who might be reading this from outside the United States allow me to take this time to remind you that tomorrow (Thursday, November 22nd) is Thanksgiving Day. There will be no post here at Half-Fast tomorrow. I will be busy celebrating my favorite holiday.

It’s that time of year when we get together with family, over-eat and give thanks for the many blessings in our lives. During this time of year you will no doubt read or hear lists of things that people are thankful for. They will usually contain things like family and friends, or perhaps homes and jobs, but these are things that everyone is thankful for and I like to be original. So here at Half-Fast I’m going to give you a list of some of the smaller, often forgotten things that I’m thankful for.

I’m thankful for:
  • OPB - Other People’s Blogs. I have some 80 - 90 blogs in my Google reader that keep me entertained at work on slow days. If you’ve ever commented at Half-Fast, chances are you’re one of them. “You down with OPB (Yeah you know me).”
  • TiVo - No explanation necessary.
  • My office switching to 2-Ply.
  • Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.
  • Heated Seats.
  • Sarcasm - without it Half-Fast would cease to exist.
  • YouTube.
  • Champion’s C9 Base Layer Gear - Many thanks to Viper for that one.
  • Beer.
  • The Red Robin Banzai Burger.
  • Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens.
  • Bacon.
  • Bacon Bits.
  • My company not ever checking how long I spend on the Internet.
  • Brown paper packages tied up with strings.
  • Football.
  • Tryptophan.
  • The Adam Sandler Thanksgiving Song, because Thanksgiving isn’t Thanksgiving until you’ve heard this song 5 or 6 times.


Finally, I’m thankful for all my readers. Best of luck to everyone with the Turkey Trots. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

22 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the C9 gear is working for you. Enjoy your beer butt turkey. And if you have any trouble finding a spot for that half a beer, I can help you out. Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY THANKSGIVING VANILLA!!

    "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens" ROFLMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    I'm thankful that I can always come to your blog for a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Best of luck to everyone with the Turkey Trots" sounds like something else :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
    (although now I have the OPB song stuck in my head)

    :) Lisa
    http://www.workoutmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candis... I thought the same thing. Sounds like the aftermath of too much eating on Thanksgiving.

    I'm thankful that I get to eat turkey at Vanilla's house... Vanilla's wife is quite the cook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I'm thankful that I get to eat turkey at Vanilla's house... Vanilla's wife is quite the cook."

    Crap. Who invited you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kids did. Besides, if I didn't come, who would drink all the martinis?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bacon! Oh, how I love and am thankful for bacon as well. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the song! I haven't heard it since I left the States...it really brought back memories!

    Mostly memories of raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. HAHAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great Thanksgiving!
    I only share two items on list... Beer and Football (Even if my team is sinking fast.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving! Hope the Big Red comes out of Colorado with a "W".

    GBR

    ReplyDelete
  13. OPB and TiVo are some of my absolute favorites too.

    What can I add here?
    Body Glide
    Chex Mix
    The Finish Line
    Beer
    Beer at the finish line
    Wine
    Bourbon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Thanksgiving Vanilla!

    ReplyDelete
  15. RazzDoodle, that might be the most offensive thing that anyone has ever written on my blog.

    GO BUFFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Adam Sandler and the Star Wars trumpet solo... I'm learning a lot about music from your blog, Vanilla!

    Thanks for always finding something funny about running.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm thankful every day I get to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am thankful I didn't get the trots after eating all that turkey. Happy Thanksgiving, Vanilla!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amen to the 2-ply! Happy Thanksgiving, Vanilla!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dangit, now you got that song stuck in my head!

    Hope you a had a great turkey day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hoping you had a good trip-to-phan, all that Turkey will almost guarantee it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. holy shite! the red robin banzai burger is my fave too!! protein style though.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.