Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Katie Holmes is Running

Katie must’ve dropped something. Too bad it wasn’t that freakshow husband of hers.

You've probably already heard that Katie Holmes ran the NYC Marathon this past weekend and you’ve probably already seen the pictures. You’re probably thinking that I’m awfully late to the table with this entry but quite frankly Half-Fast has never claimed to be quick on the uptake, nor has it ever been considered a source for breaking news. Yes, all the best jokes have already been written by others and there’s very little left for me to say. Why then would I go ahead and post this blog entry? Because it gave me an excuse to Google pictures of Katie Holmes, and because if I don’t mention it on Half-Fast then it never really happened.

As much as I applaud Katie Holmes for running the NYC marathon I’d prefer that she stick to what she does best: Cavorting around in my dreams sans underwear while we play in the warm surf of the Caribbean waters, giggling as our toes sink into the sand. Later we’ll go back to the cabana and I’ll quote French poetry to her as she gazes at me in wonderment, all the while wanting to... uhmm... what? Sorry about that. I was just getting caught up in the moment.

Hey look! It’s just like my dreams! She’s not wearing a bra! At least that’s what someone told me. I didn’t actually notice that she wasn’t wearing a bra, in fact, I’m not even sure how one would be able to tell if that was the case or not.


Ahh yes. Nothing says “loving husband” like dreaming of another woman on your wife’s birthday. Happy Birthday babe! I love you!

Many thanks to reader and fellow celeb stalker, Marcy for the tip on this story.

Katie finished the NYC Marathon in 5:29:58 which equates to a pace of 12:36 per mile. I mention this only to add some legitimacy to this post. Now, back to that dream that I was having. Where were we? Oh yes... gazes at me in wonderment, all the while wanting to...

18 comments:

  1. She also showed up at an event later that night with her crazy husband. Talk about torture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she is in training to escape crazy husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She must have watched ENOUGH and taken a clue from Jennifer Lopez's character.

    Watch out, Tom, learning jewish martial arts is next, and you know what'll happen then. Bwahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to google pictures of this myself b/c I heard on the radio this morning that she ran the marathon in JEANS! Totally untrue of course, but you just never know what that wacko husband will talk her into!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, here's where I have to admit my complete ignorance of the world around me.

    Um, she's like, an actress? And which particular crazy f*cker is she married to?

    And yeah I'd have to guess: no bra. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vanilla--no bra straps=no bra...that's how you can tell.

    Crabby--come out from your cave honey! she's married to Tom Cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just snickered when, upon glancing at her race number, I thought it said "F-ING".

    That would be pretty bad-ass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the shout out homie!

    Is it just me or is one of her "lights" higher than the other? Not that I should be one to critique LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love her in Dawson's Creek.

    Wait a minute that would mean I am admitting to watching Dawson's Creek. She does still look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No bra in my world = a world of pain. Not sure how she pulled that one off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No bra and security guards - yeah I need a run day like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No bra would be like running in hell :P I agree that this is all in her grand plan to escape.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe it was a mistake, she ran out the door to get away and just ended up in the marathon. I bet if she'd been wearing normal running clothes she could have gotten away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, her number is F127. I'm guessing you already stalked the NY marathon website to see what other info you could gather on her?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, I'm sorry, but you are WAY behind. I have seen this sloppy-booby pic about 100 times already. Makes me nauseous to see it again. She's a movie star, and she can't afford a sports bra?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Let's see, she's a star, married to a bigger star, has more money than God, can train for only 2 months and complete a marathon and doesn't need a sports bra. I hate her. I would have black eyes if I didn't wear a sports bra. Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here's the thing most people don't get. Katy thought that the extra layer of fabric in her camisole - the so called 'built in bra' was a real bra! Just more evidence that the longer she stays married to Tom Cruise the more fully her brain shuts down.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Amy! (now I can crawl back into my cave where it's nice and quiet and stocked full of supportive sports bras).

    And... yeccch. Tom Cruise is a weird little actor-man, isn't he.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.