Monday, March 31, 2008

It’s Shaving Time!


As you may remember today (March 31) was the original deadline that I set for completing your stubble time 5K for the Shave Your 5K Challenge. Thus far I have received 67 entries for the SY5K Challenge and I know of a few others that are taking advantage of the extension I granted, so I’m confident that we will exceed 70 entries before all is said and done. Remember that the deadline for sending me your $5,000 entry fee is tax day (April 15).

Many thanks to all of you who have helped me publicize the SY5K Challenge and to everyone who is taking part. The results page is updated as of this morning so if you think you entered and don’t see your name listed then you need to resend your e-mail. If you sent me an e-mail and did not hear back from me within a week then your e-mail probably did not make it past my spam filter. Please e-mail me again and this time, leave out the word “penis.”

Like the title of this post implies, now is the time to get busy shaving. To improve your 5K time I recommend lots and lots of rest days, a high-fat diet, and plenty of time on the couch, especially for the 20 of you who posted faster times than I did.

14 comments:

  1. Van,
    Do you want to receive 'interim' 5K results? I have one in May and one in June.
    Thnx,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about "hooters" Is that acceptable? :P

    Thanks for the reminder! Better get my butt a movin! So how I have a feeling that I will be a lot slower :-X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing this. If I don't be careful you'll show me up on the race directing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait!! Why did I think I had some penis time???? I'm penis injured!!!! I can't penis run right penis now! My penis hip flexor is penis damaged!!! SHOOT.

    Penis,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait!! Why did I think I had some penis time???? I'm penis injured!!!! I can't penis run right penis now! My penis hip flexor is penis damaged!!! SHOOT.

    Penis,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well hey, I left 2 penis messages.
    Feel free to edit one penis entry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. kimsrunning: I would edit one of them, but I've always felt that multiple penis entries are better than one.

    Paul: You don't need to send me interim times, but you can if you want to. I'm not sure if I'll do anything with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And to think I thought you were just good-lookin'....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can think of a lot of synonyms for "penis"...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm kind of uncomfortable with all the penis talk on these comments... Not to mention all the penis talk on a shave challenge... Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shaving is okay, but if you start blogging about getting a wax job then I'm outta here... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. And that faster than your time was on a bum knee. Luckily it was not a bum penis.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the support on my "almost 2 minute 5K shave". I'm so excited with this new way of running. It's been tough breaking the pacing training and switching to speed. Feels so weird after having to rein myself in every time I ran. Now I can just GO!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.