Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend Splits - Day Late, Dollar Short

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.

I never got around to posting the Weekend Splits this past weekend and I don’t have a post ready to go this morning so you’re just going to get the Splits post on a Monday instead. Don’t like it? Too bad. I actually feel a little guilty about it because the posts last week were particularly lacking (with the exception of the Emergency Procedures post which was AWESOME) and this post is going to be even more lacking. It’s a good thing I’m too shallow to let it bother me for any length of time. On to the links:

  • First and foremost I’ll be linking to my post over at CRN which created quite a stir in the comments section. If you’ve already read the article then go vote in the accompanying poll. If you’ve already voted in the poll, then clear your cookies and go vote again, because me being right is more important that the integrity of the data.
  • Just Your Average Joggler, who joggled the London Marathon this past weekend, had a post highlighting a study on the benefits of iburpof ibupfore Advil and acetomen acetameno Tylenol and how they can potentially help increase muscle mass.
  • Viper airs his grievances about running. Good stuff.
  • Mike Antonucci has a post over at CRN that will help you to make sure you’re dressing appropriately. You don’t want to be looking like an elite runner if you are not one.

Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
The runway demands a sacrifice.
UPDATE: YouTube took the video down, so here is the same video on Metacafe. Hopefully it doesn’t get yanked again.


Model Falls Through Runway - The most popular videos are a click away


I like the way the she steps onto that middle section of the runway, pauses as she realizes that she isn’t supposed to walk on it and then continues anyway. Then the runway just decided to swallow her whole, I’m convinced that if the camera had kept running for another 30 seconds we’d have heard the runway burp.

6 comments:

  1. Why is it that watching people fall, and enjoying it, never gets old?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching the guy stomp down on top of her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How bout that moron watching it happen then running right in and doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I can't see the video, and I love me some runway road kill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why I tune in. For heavy doses of humility, modesty and compassion. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's only fitting that you Weekend Splits would be as slow as your actual splits. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.