Monday, April 21, 2008

Boston Marathon is RIGHT NOW!

Just a quick shout out to everyone running the Boston Marathon this morning especially Nitmos, J-Money and CrankyRunner because they all read my blog.

If you’re interested in tracking any of them visit the Boston Marathon website and enter their bib numbers. Nitmos is 5962, CrankyRunner is 12042, and I don’t think J-Money posted hers so you’ll have to search for her by name if you know it, or follow along below.

Also at the Boston Marathon website you can find a live feed of the action which I’m watching right now. I’m at work because I don’t get today off like all the folks in Massachusetts, but I’m in Massachusetts at heart which is why it’s OK to be watching the marathon from my office. It’s OK for you to watch it too, just tell your boss that Vanilla gave you permission to take it easy this morning.

As of right now:
Cranky Runner finished in 3:32:23 (8:06 pace)
Nitmos finished in 3:59:03 (9:07 pace)
J-Money finished in 3:23:09 (7:45 pace)
Kristina finished in 4:01:22 (9:13 pace)

Let me know in the comments if you know of others who are running the Boston Marathon today, and best of luck to everyone. Update: I added Kristina who I had forgotten was running today.

13 comments:

  1. Dean is live blogging the race (crazy!) - http://zerotoboston.com/. If you'd like to stalk his time, he is bib 6859.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently because I'm outside the US, I'm not privileged enough to view the live feed. aargh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homie Bill is running (www.marathondudebill.blogspot.com) He is Bib #2420. I hope he comes in under 3, so far so good ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some respectable times! *sends good vibes to the runners*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops never mind now that I look . . . he just finished and under 3 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got some FAST friends - woo, just look at 'em GO!! Congrats to them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting this - I was curious how all the speedy bloggers were doing - they're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still in shock over Dean running an 7:45 and blogging at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome. I haven't run my first marathon yet (it's going to be Berlin on September 28), but I can only hope to run Boston some day. *sigh*

    Vanilla, I gave you a shout out on my blog today: http://is.gd/7NB. I think you rock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the updating!! I want to run Boston SO BAD! I was living vicariously through these bloggers!!! They all did exceptionally well. They should be proud of themselves. I am very proud of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i ran it!
    #24502 but i almost stopped at mile 20 but managed to qualify for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the shout-out, Vanilla. Can't say how much it helped to know my blogging friends were cheering from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know one:
    http://runningstories.blogspot.com/

    her time was 3:44:56

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.