Saturday, April 5, 2008

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits e-mail me.



That is the latest New Balance commercial, which I first saw over at The Running Laminator’s blog. I like the commercial, but does anyone else notice that it’s very similar to the Nike Commercial that they made in the movie What Women Want? If you haven’t seen it, here it is.



Because I have been lazy and haven’t done a Weekend Splits post since Lipstick Jungle got cancelled the following links are from the last 3 weeks. What do you mean it hasn’t been cancelled?
  • RazZDoodle bought some new running shoes that he loves, but he’s not telling what kind they are. Head on over there and see if you can guess what they are from the tiny picture that he posted. Hey RazZDoodle, only suckers buy their running shoes.
  • Lance wants to set you up on a blind date with some intervals. Meet at the track, “Intervals” will be the sweaty one with the red rose.
  • Nitmos, whose blog I’ve been enjoying lately, had a post breaking down the marathon in 5 easy steps, or as I prefer to call it 5 more reasons that I won’t be running one anytime soon.
  • Chuckie V had a great post a few weeks ago on the human condition. He encourages you to take care of your body.

That’s really all I’ve got for the Weekend Splits this weekend. I feel like being lazy, sue me. Have a great weekend everyone. Happy running!

4 comments:

  1. I've seen the commercial on TV and think it's spot on--much more down-to-earth than Nike. Although I should really hate it since my agency pitched for the business and didn't win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another reason I feel the need to leave snarky comments on your blog...I'm more of a Cashmere Mafia fella'. Figures your a Lipstick Jungle guy. Hmmpf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying this rivalry.

    ((evil laugh))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the nike one better.
    The New Balance guy just looks...weird.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.