Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Battle of the Sexes

The latest Runners’ Lounge podcast has been released featuring yours truly, and I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that it’s the best one that I’ve been a part of. The podcast features Amy Lawson, Razz, myself, and guest stars Marcy and Xenia joined us this week too. Nitmos was nowhere to be seen heard because he “forgot” that we were recording a podcast that night, but I think we all know that he just couldn’t bear the thought of missing The Hills. We managed just fine without him and while I don’t want to say that he’s completely useless, I will tell you that we’ve all nicknamed him ‘T-Rex Forearms’ behind his back. Many thanks go out to Amy and Tom at Runner’s Lounge for continuing to host the podcast and also to Razz, who has to edit out all of the dead air and then append disclaimers for Amy’s foul language, which is more colorful than Craig Sager’s wardrobe.

As indicated by the title of the post, this week’s Podcast was a Battle of the Sexes quiz in which the ladies asked the guys questions and vice versa. There was a lot of confusion surrounding the scorekeeping *cough - Amy cheats - cough* but I won’t ruin it for you by telling you which side wins. Initially I thought it was going to be a Battle of the Sexiness, but that didn’t make sense since I’d have won that without breaking a sweat. *flexes at monitor*

Anyway, if you’re looking for something motivating that you can listen to while you’re running, well perhaps you should check out Phedippidations, but if you just want to listen to a bunch of immature runners laugh hysterically at grade school level humor then this is the podcast for you! Be sure to leave comments letting us know what you like, what you’d like to see in the future and even what you dislike (leave the dislike comments over at Razz’s blog though, because I don’t like your negative attitude).

Runner’s Loungecast - Show Notes

Download Podcast: Laugh Tracks - Game On!

You can also find the podcast on iTunes.

7 comments:

  1. After listening again, I made a wise choice in "forgetting."

    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking fwd to it, as long as it doesn't play twice in a row on my iPod, which is what happened last time. Good once; a little bit of torture when heard twice on an iPod that won't let me skip forward ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina, I don't like to pass the blame but that was totally Razz's fault on that one. This one doesn't do that.

    Huh, I guess I do like to pass the blame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to go have a listen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, do you know where I can shop for Road ID bracelets AND reflective iron ons? Oh wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to it. I enjoy freaking out the nice suburbanites who moved out here to get away from the city's craziness by cackling to podcasts as I run and responding to them out loud, call-and-response style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I listened at work this morning and was busting up. I think my co-workers think there's something wrong with me. Hands down it was one of my favorites so far.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.