Saturday, January 31, 2009

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits, e-mail me.

Llamas everywhere rejoice.


Do you guys remember when I used to post the Weekend Splits? If you’re a new reader since October (sometimes I like to pretend I have new readers) then you’ve never had the privilege of reading the Weekend Splits, but I used to post them somewhat regularly last year. Those were simpler times back then, I hadn’t run a marathon, gas was $3.75 a gallon and Nitmos was still blogging. Oh, haven’t you heard? He’s a quitter... which makes him a kindred spirit. Now on to the links.

  • As much as I like to harass Nitmos, I will miss reading his blog and trying to stifle my laughter in my office. I’ll especially miss making fun of him for things such as admitting he has a hoo-ha, or that he loves Sex and the City. Nitmos, I sincerely hope that you return to blogging soon. Perhaps you’ll lose your job and have more time to post again, my fingers are crossed for you.
  • Kristina wonders if there’s a Facebook Rehab, and then concludes that obsessing over another marathon would cure her. Wow, this Facebook thing is a lot more dangerous than I thought, if you find out where the rehab is be sure to post it on my wall so I can join too.
  • Amy Lawson sucks at swimming. I suck too, but it still made me feel good since she’s faster than me, plus her story about it is much funnier than mine.
  • Steve in a Speedo ran a race in the cold, as I’m sure many of us have, but you really need to go see the pictures. He’s certifiable.
  • Finally, if you missed it I announced the 2009 SY5K Challenge in the post below. Don’t miss it.

Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
This week’s video comes from Cranky Fitness, Crabby and Merry always find the best stuff. For the record I’m against any kind of violence against Cadbury Crème Eggs, well, except for the violence that is me consuming them by the dozen.



What kind of attention span does it take to build that? I got bored just trying to watch the whole thing.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

15 comments:

  1. Taking the time to think that up and build it is why college students aren't getting the essays I assign them done. *sigh* It is kinda funny though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new reader (so you actually do have THOSE) and loved reading your weekend splits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Splits are back! Cool! Thanks for mentioning none of my insightful contributions. Suckhole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for weekend splits - it kind of fills the Nitmos void. Like I've already forgotten him. And the egg thing? seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Cadburry Creme Eggs ... I cant believe one would go through the trouble just to annihilate one. I am currently mourning the loss of that egg, and all eggs injured and lost during production of that video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! Weekend Splits has returned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad to see the splits back, not to mention the link. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. incidentally, I'm aiming for a position in your sidebar next time...

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are very evil to do another shave your 5k thing.

    very. evil.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is going to make Monday's "just kidding" announcement even more awkward.

    And how did you find a better llama picture than me?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I missed the Weekend Splits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank goodness the splits are back so I can catch up on everyone else's blog without actually having to read them. Including yours.

    Can't wait for another crack at mediocrity with the SY5K 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a new reader too and I think you're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hadn't started reading before October, so I will look forward to the splits! Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wanted to say that you DO have a new reader and I'm pretty excited about the "return" of Weekend Splits

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.