Saturday, May 2, 2009

Weekend Splits

Weekend Splits is my recap of things that I found interesting or humorous over the past week. If you have a submission for the weekend splits, e-mail me.


The above picture comes from Cake Wrecks, which is a totally awesome blog featuring cakes that are wrecks, which is why they named it Cake Wrecks I guess. Anyway, you should really go check it out because Jen is immensely funny and if I send enough traffic her way and continue with the effusive flattery then maybe she won’t send me an angry e-mail telling me not to steal her images. I don’t know if the recipient of the cake ran 60 miles or did something else for 60 miles, but I’m assuming that it was running because that makes it relevant to my blog. On to this week’s links.
  • Hella Sound Running Music. First Nitmos pimped it, and then Cranky Fitness did too which makes me (fashionably?) late to the party or as I like to call it, Half-Fast. Hella Sound produces running music that is synced to your stride rate to help you run better. You should check it out because your running playlist badly needs an update. Don’t be thrown off by the fact that Nitmos likes it, I’m sure it’s still good anyway, and if you decide to purchase then F.M.S. and Cranky Fitness both have discount codes you can use.
  • EverymanTri points out the irony of a triathlete magazine that features a sexy cover model asking if triathletes are obsessed about body image. Oh yeah, it was their “swimsuit issue” too.
  • Lance has the definitive word on locker room etiquette at the gym. Still no word on whether it’s OK for me to ask for opinions on this rash that I can’t quite see, but perhaps he’s saving that for another post.

Comments of the Week
Viper on the Non Runners are Stupid post: “You’re an idiot. You’re right. That is fun.” That made me laugh for some reason. Honorable mention this week to Glaven for the whole “glad to hear of something in the financial services sector that is still paying dividends” comment. As per usual Glaven took a while to get there but (for once) it was worth it when he did.

Speaking of comments I got a whopping 8 comments in 24 hours on the Bay to Breakers post, but I start insulting people and calling non runners stupid and I get 25 comments in the first 3 hours and almost 50 total as of this writing. I see why you guys come here: You get off on calling people idiots. You and I are going to get along just fine.

Random Non-Running Related Video of the Week
Look, it’s a hamster in a wok! It’s priceless. Just look at his little legs go. Hey who wants some of this delicious stir-fry I just made? Bueller? Bueller?


Have a great weekend everyone!

15 comments:

  1. That hamster is WAY faster than me.

    ...Stupid rodent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't that hamster know he should "wok," not run?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, I heart the cake blog! I couldn't stop laughing at all of them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's sadder...the hamster in the wok, or that I watched it for a whole minute?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little late, but YOU CRACK ME UP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they forgot to turn on the heat under the hamster. He should have started to brown.

    Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whaddaya mean, I take a while to get here?

    O ... yeah ... it's been two days ...

    Er ... whaddaya mean I'm worth it?

    No, wait ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, has to be one of the most misspelled words in the English language.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet that hamster despoathors that wok...

    ReplyDelete
  10. +1 to JenericFN for using 'despoathors' - The question is did you correctly remember how to spell it or did you have to go back and look it up?

    ReplyDelete
  11. damn - busted! I totally had to copy it.

    But it is my favorite new word :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I derived too much joy from the hamster video.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You, good sir, are a giant among men for mentioning my wee little company.

    THANK YOU!

    I truly appreciate the plug.

    We have some exciting things coming down the turnpike, and I will happily share them with you first, as it were, if ya like. Let ya get the scoop on Nitmos and Crabby McSlacker next time out...

    Also, I have gotten a lot of mileage and enjoyment out of sharing the Cake Wrecks site with all I come into contact with. Hy. Sterical.

    Sincere thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If this post is more than a week old then Comment Moderation has been turned on and your comment may not show up immediately.